Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2007, 09:29 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Doing the right thing....

I try, as we all do, to do the right thing, be someone who can hold their head up, walk through life a better person for our actions.
Well, it was in this spirit that I acted today.
I knew I wanted to dig around the pavement strips on our driveway, lay the few remaining pavers, discard the pesky creeping what-ever they-are greenery, laying all over our yard, in the trash. I knew the 79 degree day would be perfect for such work, the hot Sun and hard work with the pick, rake and hoe, would ‘Build character‘, as my Pappy would say.
But then I got to thinking, all my MOC friends who are still up in the ‘Freeze Belt’ would be looking for some escapism, here on the Forum. So, I did the difficult, I threw the a beach chair in the truck and headed up the Island.
I stopped at Boomerang Billy’s and ordered an ice cold beer, took it to the railing where the beach sand starts, and the volley ball net is, sat back in the high chair and propped my feet up in the sun, I wanted to insure the tan line from my Crocks would tan evenly. Feeling very little guilty about leaving the yard work behind, I still toasted all my fellow MOC members, “Wish you were here” , I toasted.
After a half hour or so, I says to Hershel, I bet my friends would like to visit the Wana Wana Beach Bar, to see the beach and beautiful waves from there…so up the beach I headed. I got there, had a frosty, then pulled the beach recliner from the truck, and walked down the sand to the waters edge. The waves were coming in in seven’s, as they always do, a cool breeze drifting onto the beach, the warm Sun shining on my reclining body. I closed my eyes and thought, you are such a nice guy for doing this for your friends…]

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 09:31 AM   #2
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
Whata guy!!!!!!
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 09:36 AM   #3
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
Ozz, Thanks for putting your heavy physical work aside, and so unselfishly thought of all his MOC friends. Giving up you weekend day of chores to think of us and share some of that southern sun and froth on our behalf. What a guy.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:02 AM   #4
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Ozz,

You really know how to make us feel better....gee, thanks, I guess!
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 12:37 PM   #5
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Ozz,

I for one, apreciate the fact that you are soooo willing to "take one for the team". However, your selfless acts and sacrifices, have given me a sunburn in places that haven't seen the sun in years. On top of that, the pain was so bad I couldn't unload the trailer load of firewood I picked up today, much less stack it, so I had to go Christmas shopping, .

It sounds like you are having a great time buddy, carry on.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 01:13 PM   #6
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Ozz,
Your generosity knows no bounds. What a guy
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 01:33 PM   #7
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
Ozz, are you sure that you can’t make it to ‘Tucson” I need some good inspiration to get thing done around the “Montana”
The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 01:41 PM   #8
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Dang OZZ, I hate you're workin' so hard down that way. While you were lounging around, drinking cold ones, I was having to endure the 80* plus weather, frying fish, french fries, and hush puppies for my friends from Port Mansfield. Oh, BTW, I did have a few cool ones myself. Life's tough ain't it?
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 02:03 PM   #9
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
U DA Man Ozz keep up da good work. bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 02:06 PM   #10
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
ummm, that's just MEAN, Ozz.
Sandy
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 02:13 PM   #11
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
I feel so much more refreshed after your day, now I am ready to take on my chores.
jretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 02:17 PM   #12
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
And on slewis thread....YOUR KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 02:47 PM   #13
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
So, Ozz... is this the line you fed Sue when she discovered her yard work wasn't done???

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 03:39 PM   #14
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I am so looking forward to being in Corpus Christi starting on the 15th. I'll be able to look across that small expanse of land from the NAS to S. Padre and say, "Ozz is over there." It will be so much better than today. Toys for Tots, Bar-b-que, Liquid refreshments, and temperatures in the mid to high 70's. I'm sure it must be a little warmer where you are. Can't wait to step into the water.

Edited update: News reported that Houston broke a record today with 83 degree temperatures. Galveston, 77. I was in the 83 part. Is it warmer where you are Ozz?
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:20 AM   #15
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Sue has come down with a cold, or her allergies have flared up, i think she was glad I wasn't around so she could relax.
It was 77-79 yesterday. We had the A/C on upstairs last night, Rip is still in bed, the cats and I are enjoying the Sunrise this morning, it's 71 now, light breeze from the South.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 03:03 AM   #16
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Well I'm glad (somewhat) to hear of warmer adventures...our grill is out on the deck with a foot of powdery white stuff on top, been out shoveling 6 times in the last three days...time for a nice roast in the oven to smell up our home for the Sunday football game.
Wish I was there bud...
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 03:28 AM   #17
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Could someone install a HUGE fan blowing lots o WARM air toward Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri for the next week.

We are expecting ICE today, GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

We had hoped to be outta here later this week, but, looking at the weather, well??? Anyone hear bout fine lines?? SIGHHHH
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 04:46 AM   #18
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
...and we are supposed to be heading back next week for Christmas. Hope there is a break in the weather up north. So far it seems to have been a miserable late fall.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:29 AM   #19
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
It has been an unusually cold late fall. Hibbing, MN this morning showed -27 as per NWS.

Carol, if we could rig a big fan up, we would. My kids and grandkids are up your way, too. Already 83 here today and rising. Mostly sunny. Cheryl and I are both heading to the pool now to cool off. Trying to stay with just running the Fantastic Fan to keep the Montana halfway moderate. Been using the A/C way more than I would have liked to this past week.

Lower 80's coming all next week. They claim that next Sat it will plummet to a cool 75 for a daytime high. Rich (Richfaa) is out washing his rig right now in this heat. Claims he will keep going "until I pass out"... I think he's kidding???
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 07:06 AM   #20
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Dave,

Our pool, errrrrrrrr, pond is covered by enough ice that the deer can safely walk on it.

Our deck is now a yorkie skating pond.

Your kids should be ok further up north, the ice crud is only supposed to hit in my county, Monroe County and counties to the south of us, at least that is what they said the last I had the curiosity or nerve to look.

We are usuing the better bit of valor, or something, and are not going to go out to do the work required to haul our sorry, mmmm, well, you know, out of here.

Escape this week is looking pitiful.

We refuse to work, walk or drive on ice. Al tells me that he does have enough gas, however, for the generator to back feed the house if necessary.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote