Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 11-26-2007, 04:09 AM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Moving to ______________

Moving To Arizona

May 30th
Now this is a state that knows how to live!! Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings. Mountains and deserts blended together. What a place! Watched the sunset from a park lying on a blanket. It was beautiful. I've finally found my home. I love it here.

June 14th
Really heating up. Got to 100 today. Not a problem. Live in an air-conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to see the sun every day like this. I'm turning into a real sun worshipper.

June 30th
Had the backyard landscaped with western plants today. Lots of cactus and rocks. What a breeze to maintain. No more mowing for me. Another scorcher today, but I love it here.

July 10th
The temperature hasn't been below 100 all week. How do people get used to this kind of heat? At least it's a dry heat. Getting used to it is taking longer than I expected.

July 15th
Fell asleep by the pool. (Got 3rd degree burns over 60% of my body.) Missed two days of work, what a dumb thing to do. I learned my lesson though: got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.

July 20th
I missed Tabby (our cat) sneaking into the car when I left this morning. By the time I got out to the hot car for lunch, Tabby had swollen up to the size of a shopping bag and exploded all over $2,000 worth of leather upholstery. I told the kids she ran away. The car now smells like Kibbles and sh*t. No more pets in this heat!

July 25th
Dry heat, my butt. Hot is hot!! The home air-conditioner is on the fritz and AC repairman charged $200 just to drive by and tell me he needed to order parts.

July 30th
Been sleeping outside by the pool for three nights now. $1,100 in dam* house payments and we can't even go inside. Why did I ever come here?

Aug 4th
115 degrees. Finally got the air-conditioner fixed today. It cost $500 and gets the temperature down to about 90. Stupid repairman peed in my pool. I hate this state.

Aug 8th
If another wise azz cracks, "Hot enough for you today?", I'm going to tear his throat out. Dam* heat . By the time I get to work the radiator is boiling over, my clothes are soaking wet, and I smell like roasted Garfield!!

Aug 10th
The weather report might as well be a freaking recording: Hot and Sunny. It's been too hot to make love for two dam* months and the weatherman says it might really warm up next week. Doesn't it ever rain in this barren desert?? Water rationing has been in effect all summer, so $1,700 worth of cactus just dried up and blew into the pool. Even a cactus can't live in this heat!!

Aug 14th
Welcome to Hell!!! Temperature got to 123 today. Forgot to crack the window and blew the windshield out of the Lincoln. The installer came to fix it and said, "Hot enough for you today?" My wife had to spend the $1,100 house payment to bail me out of jail.

Aug 30th
Worst day of the summer. I'm not leaving the house. The monsoon rains finally came and all they did is to make it muggier than hell. The Lincoln is now floating somewhere in Mexico with it's new $500 windshield.

That does it, we're moving back to Pennsylvania for some cooler temps and snow!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone else??????????????

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:14 AM   #2
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Glenn: On one of those days didn't you get to 'enjoy' airborne parts of either Nevada or New Mexico? (I remember some hellatious dust storms from my youth in Albuquerque and my two 4 years between White Sands and Ft Bliss (Alamogordo NM and El Paso TX). Got the 1/2 of the car repainted two years straight -- insurance only paid for side that got sand-blasted; if I'd known we could have turned the car around the following year and gotten the other side painted as well).
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:25 AM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Funny, Glenn,
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:40 AM   #4
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
...and Florida is like what in the summer??
I know - point it to where the weather suits your clothes...
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:11 PM   #5
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
We’ll at least it a dry heat and the swimming pools are nearby, and yes no hurricanes or humidity
The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:21 PM   #6
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
And lots fewer bugs. Old ladies have gray hair. g
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:57 PM   #7
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
We just came to Arizona for the winter for the first time just to try how we like Arizona. We laughed sooo hard and almost spit our sides to read about your adventure in Arizona. WE thought we might leave our Montana in storage here in Arizona, but decided we better go north instead.

[quote]Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

Moving To Arizona

Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote