Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2007, 03:09 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Bedroom escape window

I have ordered my escape window from the supplier, but meanwhile we need the ventilation, as the evenings here are in the high 60's, days in the 80's.
To remove the window glass, take out the two small phillips head screws-stubby screwdriver please..., then slide the window towards the rear of the Monte, it comes off fairly easy. I would suggest some silicone spray on the top rail.
Sue made a screen out of a dollars worth of screen-like fabric from Wal*Mart, we used Gorilla Tape, (Get a roll, it's awesome) to secure it. I'm not worried about the rain, it's under the awning.
http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n...dow%20bedroom/
When we get the replacement window, I'll post pictures of that.
Here is the ordering information to buy it wholesale:
(3400RL Montana 5er.) 36x22"
Escape, dual pane, screened 36x22" part number is F-860-17653
Bedroom and office slide window, 3400 RL model.
Kinro is the company, the window is around $230 or so, freight, packing and all.
Dawn is the contact, 584-848-9100
Tell her Jim Osbern sent you.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 05:46 AM   #2
bw2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5592
Ozz,

I have installed these windows in my 3400RL, both the bedroom and the desk window. What great breeze they allow! Enjoy. Isn't Dawn great to work with?
bw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:29 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
She will be if I get my window! She has been super so far.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:01 PM   #4
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
When some SOB threw a rock threw my escape window I took it out and had it repaired at a local glass shop for less than $30. Granted mine isn't double pane. But I would think it would cost less to do that? Or am I missing something about the double pane windows? Do they have some kind of argon gas in between the glass or something like that.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:38 PM   #5
bw2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5592
The doble pane windows do not come with screens or the slide to hold the window open. I replaced those windows with new side slide exit windows w/ screens. At the fall rally we showed these windows to the Keystone folks and I would not be suprised to see them on some future Montana.
bw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:31 AM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I ordered the dual pane screened escape windows, I think it was poor taste for Keystone to make a Montana with non ventilating escape windows. A 'what the heck were they thinking' moment, or not thinking....or caring....
Old 11-10-2007, 11:14 AM   #7
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
LOL, we are on our maiden voyage and do we notice the lack of ventilation in the bedroom. Why the hell would they put a sliding double pane escape window over the desk and not in the bedroom? I guess we will be ordering one for the bedroom as if we haven't paid enough already for the Big Sky sheesh! One quick question though, do I have to take out the whole frame or will the new one just hook into the same escape mechanism? Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:58 AM   #8
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Dave, I am wondering that as well, my thinking is the entire window, but guessing.
I had the miserable window on the desk area, a Monte 3400 RL, I did away with it and put in a non-escape window that is screened, dual pane, that is what they shipped by mistake, as I did order the escape window, but I thought, what the heck, if I have to get out, I'll throw a chair, or something heavy into the big rear window. Trust me, I would get out.
I may have to do a Rambo deal and shoot it out. No BBQ Ozzman in my future, I hope...
Old 11-10-2007, 01:11 PM   #9
Army Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5508
I went to another manufacturer that makes SOB and was able to get 2 dual pane windows with screen from them for a quarter of what Keystone wanted. Installed both this afternoon and they are great. Really does make a difference in the bedroom. Thanks Ozz for the idea and laying the ground work.
Army Guy is offline   Reply With Quote