Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2007, 04:28 PM   #21
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
65 feet is fine...that will be more than enough.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:33 PM   #22
Montana Rog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6103
I got a wireless cam from WalMart and mounted it up by the clearance lights to watch my Harley on the swivelwheel trailer behind the 5th wheel. Works good, and all you need is 12volt power. It has enough spread so I can use it to back up and not hit anything.
Montana Rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 02:24 AM   #23
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Montana Rog: What brand are you using? I tried 2 different wireless cameras ... one from Radio Shack and higher end one from Hitch-Aid. As long as I was sitting still in an open lot it was adequate ... as soon as I got rolling down the road both became virtually useless. There was way too much interference in towns and for whatever reason both faded in and out regularly down the highway. No problems after I went to a wired camera.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 02:29 AM   #24
trfield58
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7109
Update: I installed the camera by taking off the marker light, drilling a hole down through the roof deck from inside the light opening (protected from outside exposure) the dropped the cable down to tail-light opening. From there, I ran the cable along the bottom of the rig and cable tied it. Then up into propane compartment, into the front basement and fished between the fiberglass skin out to the pin box where I mounted the quick disconnect facing toward the side of box. It works AWESOME. I have the camera adjusted so I can see from about 2 1/2 feet from back of rig to about 130 feet back and 3 lanes wide.... I also ran an second input to the monitor from the portable DVD player that sits on the center console facing the rear seat. My son watches DVD's on the portable player and now my DW can turn the camera monitor towards her and watch the movie too (or toggle back and forth between movie and the view from rear of Monty)

Thanks for all the help...

Tim
trfield58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 03:47 AM   #25
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Nice job, Tim. And a very nice looking rig.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 02:43 PM   #26
Montana Rog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6103
Diesel Guy..I use the WalMart wireless camera. If you don't have good connections, you will get a bad picture. Bad grounds seem to be the biggest problem. stuff corrodes and then you get problems.
Montana Rog is offline   Reply With Quote