Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2005, 05:57 PM   #1
ronnilu
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3933
Drippy door on the Apollo Conv/Micro

We can ditto all who have said how much they have been helped just by reading all the posts. Now I have a question: Has anyone had trouble with their Apollo convection/micro door dripping when they open it after using it?? Even when I use the quick dry feature, it only dries the walls & the door still drips. I mentioned this to a few reps at the Pomona RV show & they seemed surprised & said they hadn't heard this before. I find that hard to understand since it has been quite a problem for me--thanks for any input on the subject.
ronnilu

ronnilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 01:11 AM   #2
Montana_4944
Established Member

M.O.C. #4944
Ronnilu, We have an apollo also and it does build up moisture. What we did is remove the outside vent door, (since we would always forget to open it) and replaced it with a small screen. We did this also because there was nothing under the little door to keep bugs out when it was open. All the convection/microwaves I have seen in other coaches too build up moisture i'm not sure about the dripping part.
Montana_4944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 02:10 AM   #3
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
I checked with our executive chef, and she confirms that ours does build up moisture, but no worse than our regular microwave at home. My take on this is that the newer, more powerful microwaves, just cook a lot faster, and therefore generate more water vapour in the process. There is a fan attached to the top of the Appolo that is supposed to discharge moist air out the top vents into the trailer. It has no connection to the range hood vent. You might check that it is properly installed and working.

OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 02:19 AM   #4
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by YorkieSue
Yorkie Sue?

I wonder if you have met Carol (Counrty Guy) who is owned by four yorkies? You might want to compare notes at some time.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 05:10 AM   #5
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I also have what I feel is excessive moisture coming from the Apollo microwave / convection oven. I will go as far to say when I'm microwaving bacon, it will drip water onto the griddle below while I'm making pancakes. I have removed the microwave and checked the exernal fan, but found no problems. I wonder why this unit has no internal fan as the microwaves in my other Montana and Sportsman had?? I also use the auto dry, but like you, it has minimal effect. It just doesn't seem to vent moisture like other units I've owned. Any direction to check other possibilities will be appreciated.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 06:36 AM   #6
Montana_4944
Established Member

M.O.C. #4944
Thanks John and Donna, we traded emails with Carol sometime back and they have adorable yorkies.......Sue
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by OntMont

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by YorkieSue
Yorkie Sue?

I wonder if you have met Carol (Counrty Guy) who is owned by four yorkies? You might want to compare notes at some time.
Montana_4944 is offline   Reply With Quote