Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2005, 09:17 AM   #1
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Bathroom

I have decided to redo the bathroom. I chose the little fishie's from Wal-Mart. I got the trash bin, towels, and took the border that was in the bathroom (and in the rest of the Monty) down and replaced it with the fish border. Got it for $7. at Wal-Mart. I just couldn't stand every room in the house looking the same so I thought why shouldn't I change the decor in the 5ver...Right? Pictures will follow as soon as we get the Monty back as we have it at the dealer getting the new washer/dryer put in before we leave for Montana. Kathi

Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 03:35 PM   #2
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Sounds cute. Any pictures? I'm in the process of removing the wall border in our rig, too.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 03:53 PM   #3
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
So....how did you all get the border off without damaging the finish of the wall under it? I would like to change the border in my kitchen at home but don't want to repaper the whole room.
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 04:57 AM   #4
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Guys - we just re-did all the borders in our 3400RL too. We ordered a more pleasing border on line from American Blind and Wallpaper. We made sure the new borders would overlay the old because removing old ones was goind to be a problem. If you get one that is about half inch wider then it does a really nice cover job. In fact, we added border in a few spots. We want to remove the mirros in the potty area and put up a wall paper schene that would match much better. I just can figure how to get the mirrow off without damaging the wall board....it has a ton of glue behind the mirrow as well as the screws. Will post pictures soon.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 05:15 AM   #5
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
The border has a sticky surface that stuck it to the wall. All I did was take some of that Goof Off (Lowe's or Home Depot has it) put it on a paper towel and wiped the wall down where the paper was. It took the sticky stuff off without damaging the paper on the wall. By the way, I only took the border off in the bathroom. After reading my post It sounded like I took it off the whole trailer. That shell scene would drive me nuts if I had them all over the trailer. LOL
Old 06-17-2005, 05:16 AM   #6
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Kdeiss, the border comes off very easy in your kitchen. It just doesn't stick like the wallpaper does. First I would try it at the corner where no one can see it. Kathi
Old 06-17-2005, 02:21 PM   #7
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Kdeiss, I pulled a corner loose, used my hair dryer to soften the adhesive and pulled. I then dabbed the left over adhesive with Goo Gone and gently removed it with a putty knife. I'm still working on the bathroom, but it's going well. Did not damage the wallboard underneath. Good luck!
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 03:53 PM   #8
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
OH MY GOODNESS! This sound great I did not know you could remove it. I could never understand why they put grapes in the potty room anyway. Now I have a new project to do.. Thanks all of you for sharing.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 02:07 AM   #9
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I'll store this infor for future use. After having three young grandchildren in the potty room (not at one time, of course) there are scuff marks on the border making me think that it will soon start to show wear and need to be replaced eventually . A small sacrifice for the delight of little children.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 07:04 PM   #10
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Thank you everyone. I'll let you know how it turns out. Ginny
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:50 AM   #11
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Native Texan,

Getting the mirrors off the walls is not hard, it's finding the right product that's difficult. Ask me how I know.

Don't waste your money buying glue removal products sold in local stores. They will not dissolve THIS clue. Learning my determination to get those mirrors out of Miss Montana a neighbor came to the rescue. He had owned a chemical plant that makes solvents and cleaners. He presented me with a can of "Orange All" made by Apollo Industries, Inc. (770-433-0210 is their phone # on the can) Spraying this behind the mirror and letting it run and sit for a few minutes did the trick after a few times of doing this. The wallpaper was completely intact when I removed the mirrors.

It also made fast and efficient work out of removing the glue left behind from removing the borders.

I had tried other "Orange based" removers and they did not work. I love this stuff. It is non-toxic and will not harm surfaces. I used it the other day to get a little pine tree sap off off LadyRam.

I searched for a web site for this company a last year and never found one. I have not called them either. Because I still have more than half a can left. A little goes a long way.

Let us know if you locate this product and if it works for you.

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 12:08 PM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome back, BJ. Haven't heard from you in awhile. Did you get all the issues resolved with Miss Montana?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 02:18 PM   #13
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Hi Steve,

I have been reading the forum, but sometimes I'm just too short on time or too tired to post. Especially when I check in and find I don't have anything more to add to the already excellent replies.

I guess since I have some time this evening I'll hop over to the campfire and give a "howdy" and update.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 05:21 PM   #14
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I was glad to see you posting again, too, fla native. Glad there wasn't any serious reason for your absence. Welcome back.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:22 PM   #15
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I was glad to see you posting again, too, fla native. Glad there wasn't any serious reason for your absence. Welcome back.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:51 AM   #16
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
Wife and I are now putting new border in the Mountaineer. The grape border must have been a box car load that Keystone found for their rv,s just about everyone has it.We worked on the seperate bathroom,did not remove the old. We had a out west border of the old frontier trails, with old steam locomotives,covered wagons, and paddle wheel river boats. We did not remove the old paper, this paper covered real good. We did use wall paper paste.Today we are going to hang some pictures of Buffalo Bills wild west above the new border. This is more our style.Wife wants to do beedroom over,is no border here.Kitchen and living room also will get a make over.I think most of the motel or funereal home look will be gone as she is going to put in different tables. Motel lamps are already gone.Wife is haveing fun.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 12:45 AM   #17
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Native Tex,
I called "Apollo Industries and left a message asking where one might purchase the "Orange All". They called me back the next day to tell me it is a wholesaler Industrial product and don't sell to the public, but.... they are sending me 3 cans just because I inquired, neat huh. You might give it a try.

Joy
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote