Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2013, 04:01 AM   #41
nunya
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6756
had skirting made for ours when we bought it...best investment in your livin in the cold!!

nunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:14 AM   #42
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
I wish the RV park we spend summer/fall in would allow skirting. It sure would solve some problems. It is owned by a local park district and the excuse I got for the "no skirting" rule was that we are on the river and they don't think everyone could pull out in time if they were skirted. We have gotten down to 7 above and Wednesday night the high will be 3 above. Just keeping furnace turned up.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:45 AM   #43
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by JandC

I wish the RV park we spend summer/fall in would allow skirting. It sure would solve some problems. It is owned by a local park district and the excuse I got for the "no skirting" rule was that we are on the river and they don't think everyone could pull out in time if they were skirted. We have gotten down to 7 above and Wednesday night the high will be 3 above. Just keeping furnace turned up.
HaHa, they might be surprised how fast we could pull out if we were in danger of being flooded. We didn't stay in a campground near here as they didn't allow skirting because it was too windy and it wouldn't look good if the wind caught it. It used to get to me some of the rules we've run up against in our last 8 yrs. of full timing. Probably the dumbest rule we have come up against is here, but the RV park in Galup, NM comes in a close second.

I looked out shortly after we got here and our neighbor had a leaf rake on top of his car port. A few weeks later I ask him about it and he said he was hiding from the owners of the park because they sent him a note saying he couldn't hang it on the side of his shed. In Galup, NM the manager got on to us for leaving our awning, lawn chairs, and grill out when we were not using them. His rule, "if you're not using it, put it away".
Alwims is offline   Reply With Quote