Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #21
Krease
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13328
I love my local Camping World. They found me a remote from another used Montana on the lot AND had an extra Jensen remote laying around for the bedroom tv! Tomorrow I'll go see if I can get it to work. Seems pretty simple according to the instructions on the control module.

Krease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #22
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
A word of advice, keep extra batteries on hand, if it is the old style LCI remote (no screen), the remote is very hard-pressed to last a season on the battery. And they are an odd size, so chances are when you need one, you will not be able to easily find one. Any luck with the air mattress or did you try contacting Flair?
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #23
Krease
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13328
It does not have a screen on the remote. I might go ahead and pop it open and get new batteries for it since it was already a used remote.

I e-mailed keystone about the mattress, and they told me it should be one with 12 humps. And that it should squeeze in between the arms. So I'll have to look at it again and see if it is the proper one.
Krease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #24
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rainer

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HOOK

I don't know when the change started, but sometime in12. There is no longer a remote. The only unit that has a remote now is the Big Sky, and it is a touch screen only for the Level Up.
The statement is not erroneous . The remote for Mounntaineers and High Country's are different from those used in Montana's. I have a call in to Mark Krol and will get a definitive answer. I will post it here upon benefit of that knowledge.
That's an erroneous statement. I just picked up a 2013 High Country 343RL and it DID come with a remote. Which works really well, too.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #25
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
I find batteries for remote in camera department at WalMart.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:09 PM   #26
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
I find batteries for remote in camera department at WalMart.
The remotes that I have knowledge of are as follows:
1. About 2ins wide by 3 ins long I/2 thick black plastic with white info buttons on face, stubby ant. This is the one for most Montana's.
2. 1 1/2 ins wide by 3 ins long by 3/4 ins thick, black plastic with a circle on the stubby ant end, for Cougars, Mountaineers, High Country's.
3. The newest being very much the same as an IPhone with a glass touch screen . It is for those equipped with Lippert LevelUp, Monty's and Big Skys.

As I do not have the exact answer, and have a call in to Mark Krol, I will post here upon receipt.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #27
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
My remote is white, it will only operate awning and bedroom slides, living room has to be done manual, same with level up
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #28
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
My 2012 - 3402RL Montana came with the remote control, it has LCI in a circle at the top and Montana written at the bottom, it is approx 4.25" long by 2.375" wide and just under .75" thick. I also have the six point leveling system that is controlled from the small compartment beside the propane compartment.

My remote controls the Awning, All slides, DS security Light & Pin box LED light, Landing gear and has two AUX sets of buttons for other devices.
If your unit is equipped with the control module (mine is in the Generator compartment) then it should have a remote control, if it does not, then it likely was not shipped or has been lost. There is just too much inconsistency with this type of thing from Keystone, it is so bad as to be pathetic.

I think the remote is the best thing since sliced bread and contrary to what others have said the battery is not difficult to find and in my remote is a 12V - A23 battery. It is available at The Source, Radio Shack, Wallmart, London Drugs(Canada) and I am sure other places.

I do not know what 2013/14 units come with, but I can tell you if my unit had the control module and it was wired, I would be asking where the remote was, what is the point in this module if it is not to control the systems connected to it remotely.
Just saying....
Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:44 AM   #29
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Krease

It does not have a screen on the remote. I might go ahead and pop it open and get new batteries for it since it was already a used remote.
When you go to pop it open, there is a hidden screw on the back of the remote beneath the instructions label. It is in the middle of the remote and can be felt beneath the label. I took a razor blade and cut a small circle around the screw to have access.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote