Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2014, 04:38 PM   #1
okierver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11127
its home

well we signed papers today and did our pdi on our 2014 3625re montana, got home love the level up system, and the moyre ride hitch, but got home and one of the closet doors had broke off in travel put back on but will have the dealer look and fix it wednesday when the do the service bulletin for microwave. anybody with the new wood doors in bedroom is it better to leave open or closed and latched thats what we did but if its gonna break everytime then not sure how to do it

okierver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 05:37 PM   #2
Virginia Young
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14096
I know there have been some issues with the door hangers. Ask about it when you go in. They should have replacements in stock. They had to replace one for us.
Virginia Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:11 PM   #3
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Dale-- Does your unit have a track on the floor also for those closet doors? If not, tell your dealer you want it installed. Keystone has started putting the bottom track because of the problems with the doors.
Hey Dale-- since you're close see if you can get time off and bring that new Monte up to Nebraska for the Central Plains Regional Rally, July 23rd-28th. Maybe we can work on those doors while you're here!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:30 AM   #4
okierver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11127
yes it has the bottom track it seems ok there it broke the r/h out board door at the top hangar
Old 06-01-2014, 04:15 AM   #5
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
I caught my doors before they dropped and now travel with them open held back with a bungee. Have never had a problem from that point on.
boat391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:17 PM   #6
okierver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11127
rondo
would love to at some time. we will be going thru york, grand island upto valentine into Rapid city for a family reunion and then to the lake, July 2ns - july 12th will get a good break in time one of these times we would love to attned one;
Old 06-02-2014, 07:40 AM   #7
woodman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12256
We received our Montana with the sliding closet door top bracket hanging on by one screw and it kept coming off the track after a couple weekend trips. One day, I decided to investigate and removed the door and found that the top bracket was secured by only one screw and that was barely in. So, I readily repaired it myself and since have not had any issues. We travel with our closet doors closed and locked with that pin. We just got done traveling over 6000 miles and over some of Illinois's and Indiana's worst interstate roads (potholes and bumps everywhere) and the doors have held up well. I don't think there is one rule for every situation, you have to do what you think is best under your circumstances.
woodman is offline   Reply With Quote