Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 12-04-2017, 11:08 AM   #1
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Decals for your truck

Our tow truck is plain white and I have heard that you can order matching decals from Keystone or their supplier to match your truck highlights to your 5th wheel? Any truth to that and if yes what is the contact info?

2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:03 PM   #2
clarkandsheila
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7994
Don't do it. Keystone decals? Yuck. I have a 2008 5th and the decals look like crap and I'm still removing them as they fall apart.
No, I have not forgiven Keystone, Montana for absolute garbage.
I'm happy enough with the rest of the trailer but the decal were absolute garbage.
If the decals they offer are anything like the ones I have you will regret it soon after.
Find another way to co-ordinate your truck with the trailer.
A pinstriper?
clarkandsheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:03 PM   #3
rmthelen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12748
Send a message via MSN to rmthelen
The decals currently being used are of a different generation than the pre 2013 model. The newer decals are very robust and resistant to fading and peeling. They are guaranteed for 5 years against any of the above so I would not hesitate to put them on your truck.
rmthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:00 PM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I think I would just take good pictures of the Monte and go to a shop that does decals and wraps and see what they can do for what price. Or a custom paint shop and ask the same.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:19 AM   #5
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
BB, That was my second option if I couldn't get reasonably priced stickers from Keystone.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:06 PM   #6
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I haven't tried this for a while, but you used to be able to get individual decals at a reasonable cost. Of course, you had to order them from your dealer, but they had the catalog to pick from.

Here are some examples of Montana decals adapted to trucks:

o - Rear decal from a 2005 Montana RK model
Click image for larger version

Name:	2007-2008 Winter - Arizona 085.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	199.5 KB
ID:	876

o - Swoop decal from a 2008 Montana.
Click image for larger version

Name:	2007-2008 Winter - Arizona 235.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	280.1 KB
ID:	877

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 05:38 PM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
As I mentioned in another thread Keystone does not manufacturer decals , never did they are provided by a vendor . The decals on our 2006 3400 were ruined in 5 years they were made by burlington graphics.The newer models use a much better graphic by a different manufacturer.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 06:33 PM   #8
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by richfaa View Post
As I mentioned in another thread Keystone does not manufacturer decals , never did they are provided by a vendor . The decals on our 2006 3400 were ruined in 5 years they were made by burlington graphics.The newer models use a much better graphic by a different manufacturer.
Rich,
I didn't expect that Keystone MADE their own graphics. I was just asking if anyone knew if you could order the graphics they use on their trailers from them. I had heard a rumor that you could get the graphics either from Keystone or directly from their supplier.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:51 PM   #9
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
You can purchase them thru your dealer. Two years ago at the fall rally two people had ordered them from their dealer. They found someone that worked at keystone come and put them on. You have to do a little planning to determine which one of the graphics on the trailer would look good on your truck.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:05 AM   #10
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
Our tow truck is plain white and I have heard that you can order matching decals from Keystone or their supplier to match your truck highlights to your 5th wheel? Any truth to that and if yes what is the contact info?
Hi

If your truck is all white just wait our 2009 Montana is now all white. LOL

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:32 AM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Rich,
I didn't expect that Keystone MADE their own graphics. I was just asking if anyone knew if you could order the graphics they use on their trailers from them. I had heard a rumor that you could get the graphics either from Keystone or directly from their supplier.
It is normal procedure to order parts through Keystone. Normally a vendor will not sell directly to the RV owner but it does not hurt to call the vendor and ask.

The normal route for ordering parts is you go to your dealer or a dealer and they order the part through keystone. Keystone orders the part from the vendor.The vendor sends the part to Keystone .Keystone sends the part to the dealer.You pick it up from the dealer. We have on occasion had the part sent directly from the vendor after ordering through our dealer.We did buy a part directly from the vendor because we called and asked if they could do that. The Montana graphics are not hard to duplicate ad most of them are off the shelf at most any graphics company. We had graphics made in our local community and were able to choose exactly what we wanted and the quality we wanted.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:34 PM   #12
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
It is normal procedure to order parts through Keystone. Normally a vendor will not sell directly to the RV owner but it does not hurt to call the vendor and ask.

The normal route for ordering parts is you go to your dealer or a dealer and they order the part through keystone. Keystone orders the part from the vendor.The vendor sends the part to Keystone .Keystone sends the part to the dealer.You pick it up from the dealer. We have on occasion had the part sent directly from the vendor after ordering through our dealer.We did buy a part directly from the vendor because we called and asked if they could do that. The Montana graphics are not hard to duplicate ad most of them are off the shelf at most any graphics company. We had graphics made in our local community and were able to choose exactly what we wanted and the quality we wanted.
That was where I was going with the questions. So does anyone know who the graphics company is for Keystone at present? I'll contact them directly. If they won't sell me what I want, then I will search locally. I'm not about to pay Keystone premiums and wait on it to go thru their chain of command..... I understand why they push folks to the dealers, the dealers want to establish and maintain a relationship with buyers. I was in sales and we worked really hard toward the same goal. It made it easier to sell our products for premium prices......Sales is after all about 90% establishing customer personal relationships. Sometimes only for long enough to sell a camper or car. In some businesses for a lifetime.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:40 PM   #13
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
That was where I was going with the questions. So does anyone know who the graphics company is for Keystone at present? I'll contact them directly. If they won't sell me what I want, then I will search locally. I'm not about to pay Keystone premiums and wait on it to go thru their chain of command..... I understand why they push folks to the dealers, the dealers want to establish and maintain a relationship with buyers. I was in sales and we worked really hard toward the same goal. It made it easier to sell our products for premium prices......Sales is after all about 90% establishing customer personal relationships. Sometimes only for long enough to sell a camper or car. In some businesses for a lifetime.
I sure do not know but a call to Keystone customer service may get the answer.

We know that they have been expanding the service center as we noted on the service center tour at the fall rally.We did hear our tour person say they were working toward ordering parts directly from Keystone.The service center has more than doubled in size and they were still building.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:32 PM   #14
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
That will really look weird when you sell the truck or the Montana.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:07 PM   #15
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLightning View Post
That will really look weird when you sell the truck or the Montana.
Yes but it wouldn't be as weird as putting 4x4 stickers on a 2x4 truck. At least I would be taking pictures with a fish I had actually caught!

Peace be with you my friend.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:09 PM   #16
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
I sure do not know but a call to Keystone customer service may get the answer.

We know that they have been expanding the service center as we noted on the service center tour at the fall rally.We did hear our tour person say they were working toward ordering parts directly from Keystone.The service center has more than doubled in size and they were still building.
Rich,
I haven't checked out this service center yall are talking about yet but it sounds like something I need to do soon!!!
Old 12-07-2017, 08:12 AM   #17
JABURKHOLDER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18572
Quote:
Our tow truck is plain white and I have heard that you can order matching decals from Keystone or their supplier to match your truck highlights to your 5th wheel?
Try contacting a place that does vinyl wraps. Give them detailed photos of your rig's graphics. Get a quote, including install.
When you sell or trade in your truck the vinyl will peel off a lot easier than a decal.
JMHO

Rule #1. The Chief is always right.
Rule #2. When in doubt, refer to rule #1.
JABURKHOLDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:10 PM   #18
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
Yes but it wouldn't be as weird as putting 4x4 stickers on a 2x4 truck. At least I would be taking pictures with a fish I had actually caught!

Peace be with you my friend.
Don't shoot the messenger....
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:34 AM   #19
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLightning View Post
Don't shoot the messenger....
But its more of a challenge if the game shoots back
Old 12-08-2017, 10:54 AM   #20
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Rich,
I haven't checked out this service center yall are talking about yet but it sounds like something I need to do soon!!!
http://www.keystonerv.com/customer-service

Have your RV vin Number ready.