Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2011, 10:53 AM   #1
hunts800
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11457
Working out the Quality Control Issues

On our fourth trip - one week at a full service rv park with the grandkids - went to drain and flush the tanks - noticed black water spilling out of the plastic trailer undercoating. As I tilted the trailer to hook up to the truck - more water.

Came home - thoroughly flushed tanks - then filled all tanks and pulled down underbelly and can see water coming from where the black tank valve goes into the black tank.

So - another trip to the dealer for warranty work. Another several days without trailer - hopefully will not take too long. Glad I have a local dealer who is responsive - but I sometimes wonder about the way these things are built!

Just venting! Now I feel better.

Old 07-24-2011, 04:02 PM   #2
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Since it happened to us on our previous 2006 3400RL, I would suggest that your dealer flood test the repair. We found that moving the black tank connection at the valve area cracked a joint at the vent pipe. Also, I would take it for a hundred miles and then flood test it again...Just my opinion...
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #3
hunts800
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11457
Update - dealer says problem was a bad seal in the black tank valve. They have "allegedly" flood tested the tank and all good. So... will bring the trailer home tomorrow and perform a flood test myself - then its off on another week trip Monday so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Will be at a full service park so can excercise the system several times while there.