Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2008, 04:18 PM   #1
waldo238
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7818
Leak.................

I started to load the Monty up for my Florida trip leaving this Thursday. For the past three days we have heavy rain. While I was loading I notice a little dampness on the carpet by the slide closest to the frig. figured the slide leaked a little. I then went to put some plastic bags in the drawer under the stove and there was a little water in there and 2 of the plastic bag boxes were wet???? How could water get in there???? I then spent a good hour trying to figure out where it came from... Bet you cant guess... The window on the right side of the trailer was put in upside down, the weep holes where at the top. So that is how water got into the drawer it ran over the window edge down the front of the cabinet and into the drawer and some onto the floor to make it look like the slide was leaking. I guess I will put some black electrical tape on the hole for now and get it fixed when I come back.

waldo238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:00 AM   #2
genecurp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2535
Glad you found your problem. I had a bi-fold door hinge installed unside down (just one) that caused the door to come loose at odd moments, just to keep us on our toes. After a little more time you'll have a big list of warrenty service items. After a while this too will pass.

Happy travels\Gene
genecurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:03 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The hinge pins on our bathroom door were in upside down causing them to vibrate out on a long trip and the door fell off. Maybe that old world craftsman was holing the instructions upside down???
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:41 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
If you had water under the stove I wonder if the vent flap for the range hood was open.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote