Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #1
barmar
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8385
Sealand Toilet-Floor Flange

Have a small leak where the floor flange mates with the ABS downpipe in the basement. Wish to remove toilet to hopefully find problem but need some advice first. It looks like the floor flange mates with the ABS via a threaded portion of ABS in the transition area through the floor, is this the case for my unit? I don't want to start reefing on this until I'm sure how it mates to the ABS downpipe.
The toilet is a Sealand Model 210.
Thanks, B

barmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:22 AM   #2
nowinter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9521
I had the same problem this spring. Noticed an anti-freeze puddle in the basement, immediately under the toilet flange connection. You need to remove the toilet, gasket and flange. The flange is screwed into a fitting and is suppose to have pipe sealant on the threads. I had very little sealant on the threads, which allowed the leak. I applied pipe dope sealant all over the threads and reassembled everything. I would recommend that you through bolt the toilet flange to the trailer floor and use stainless steel connectors with a fender washer for every bolt. Has been fine ever since. Good luck.
nowinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:53 AM   #3
barmar
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8385
Thanks for the info 'nowinter'---will get some pipe sealant and then tackle the job. Like your idea about the bolts--did you use four or just two with the other two screwed to the floor?
barmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:33 PM   #4
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
No need for thru bolts use 4 to 6 1 1/2" Wood Screws
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote