Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GIRLS gone MOC > House Keeping
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2008, 05:44 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Delicate issue for Sewer Solution

Please forgive me for intruding and for addressing such a delicate subject. However, today's experience has brought it to the forefront. We had our very soon to be teenage granddaughter for a week (spring break}. She has been newly introduced to life change issues and is learning how to take care of her needs.

Here is the issue. The Sewer Solution system uses a 1" discharge line and forces debris through it with a jet of water. This systems assumes all materials will break up or dissolve under pressure. Feminine hygiene products will not. They will plug the system.

Bottom line is, when appropriate, guests need to be educated for proper disposal in RV's with Sewer Solution which we neglected to do. I leave the rest to your imagination.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:35 AM   #2
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
AAAHHH Yes-- teenagers they are great and just beginning their lifes journey, with ganmaw and granpaw help.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:30 PM   #3
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
This is one of "those things" that you tend to take for granted as (presumably) we were trained during the acceptance tour of our rigs, or we learned the hard way...only TP (and the proper kind at that) goes into the RV's toilet. I have learned to tell visitors that only TP can be introduced to toilet and I also make sure there is a waste basket right next to the toilet for anything else. (I have even pointed out to my female visitors that there is extra TP in the overhead cabinet as well as paper lunch bags for their use if needed...the location of the extra TP is the "transition" to the paper bags.) An ounce of discrete prevention is DEFINITELY worth any momentary discomfort on my or my guest's part when compared to the costs for not giving an "educational tour."

I've even considered posting a little note in the toilet area, just haven't come up with a "light hearted" way to do so..."Nothing but TP in the toilet" just seems a bit harsh.

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:42 PM   #4
winter texan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7510
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by eeoski

This is one of "those things" that you tend to take for granted as (presumably) we were trained during the acceptance tour of our rigs, or we learned the hard way...only TP (and the proper kind at that) goes into the RV's toilet. I have learned to tell visitors that only TP can be introduced to toilet and I also make sure there is a waste basket right next to the toilet for anything else. (I have even pointed out to my female visitors that there is extra TP in the overhead cabinet as well as paper lunch bags for their use if needed...the location of the extra TP is the "transition" to the paper bags.) An ounce of discrete prevention is DEFINITELY worth any momentary discomfort on my or my guest's part when compared to the costs for not giving an "educational tour."

I've even considered posting a little note in the toilet area, just haven't come up with a "light hearted" way to do so..."Nothing but TP in the toilet" just seems a bit harsh.

Robin
winter texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:45 PM   #5
winter texan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7510
eeoski, Robin, go to a local Marine Store. You can buy a 3X5 sign that says it all. Don't put anything in the head that you have not eaten first.
winter texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:22 PM   #6
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Most of you know my routine,

MORE WATER LESS PAPER

Don't bother with the RV approved paper, it flunks the shake test.

Gently used paper goes in the trash can, the other goes in the toilet.

MORE WATER LESS PAPER.

Do like that saying, nothing in the head that had not been eaten first. SNICKER

Stiles, your post just makes me look forward to the twins turning into young ladies. OUCHIE
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 02:45 PM   #7
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
I LIKE that! Kinda goes along the lines of "If you sprinkle when you tinkle, please be neat and wipe the seat!" Next stop, a Marine store!

Carol, are we all starting to go down to that "potty humor" that we used to give our kinds heck about? (If so, its kinda fun!)

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:27 PM   #8
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Stiles & Diana
I've thought about your incident the last few days. Having raised four daughters and been involved with 2 granddaughters, I feel so bad for your little granddaughter. I know how sensitive they are at this age. It brought back many memories, even of my own situation at 10 when I was the ONLY girl in my elementary school who had become a young woman. Please give your little girl an extra hug for me.
Happy trails........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:42 PM   #9
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Fortunately, her visit with us had ended before the plumbing difficulties occurred, so there was no embarrassment for her. How easily normal life routines become major issues in an RV. Grandpa would not call the matter to her attention, but grammy will educate on the occasion of her next visit.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:40 PM   #10
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
Wow - glad we have our ladies forum to mention things of this nature, as I have grand daughters myself and never considered the possibility of needing to point out that issue. Got the wheels in my head turning. I plan on making something cute, witty AND informative that I can put in a lightweight 4x6 frame and attach above the toilet paper holder. Thanks again Dianna This Nana appreciates you!
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:07 PM   #11
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Let us know what you decide to put in your 4x6 frame. Some of us might want to use it also...
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote