Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #21
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Gary and Nancy, Sorry for your stay at RRRV, we spent the last 2 summers there and enjoyed it. Yes I did see some trying times with ppl and the staff but 99.9% of the time all was good. July and August are their two busiest months. I did see them shuffle ppl around a lot but it was for the ppl who wanted a larger lot when they became available. Like everyone else is suggesting, park and go look at the site to make sure it will fit. Good luck in the future. JP

jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:12 AM   #22
gelswick
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12367
Sreigle:

Since we did not have a schedule we were making reservations the morning we knew we would be somewhere. We had tried to get into Grizzly but of course it was already full. We always give requirements for what we need whether they ask or not (40' 5th wheel, full hook ups, etc.).

Tried to attach a marked up pic of the sites we were in but could not do it after reading the faq. If someone can help show me how or if not I can do the column and row description from your pic.
gelswick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:09 PM   #23
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Didn't mean to offend you. Was just trying to point out that when you go to a very busy area it might be wise to make reservations in advance. On the other hand, if you did call and make reservations and gave them the size, etc., then that should be good enough.

We don't always make reservations but if we're going to be somewhere over a holiday or during the location's busy season, then we make reservations well in advance. Since we're fulltimers, we do have to deal with the holidays and the busy seasons, as do many of you.

I don't know what happened between you and the owner. We had no trouble with them. Obviously you did.

In any case, I hope your bad experiences are behind you and your future experiences are better. Life is too short to have to deal with problems all the time.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:52 PM   #24
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
I have found that many of the phone answerers are just that, they're there to answer the phone and haven't a clue as to how big 40 feet is and if it will fit on any site. We generally over state our size a little and still been shown sites that there would be no way we could fit.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:48 AM   #25
gelswick
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12367
Sreigle,

No offense taken!

After 63 years it takes a lot more then that to offend me. Although after I pay someone money and then they beat on my door and start yelling at me will certainly do it
Old 08-15-2012, 07:53 AM   #26
gelswick
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12367
Unbelieveable....

Just checked on the status of my complaint to the BBB about this CG. Their responce was so full of outright lies that I refused to acknowledge it and stated the same to the BBB. The BBB promptly rated this campground at A+ because of their "good faith effort" to answer my complaint. That being the case I requested a refund of the $400+ in renewing our yearly membership I just sent them and requested no one from such a bogus organization bother me again.