Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2011, 06:57 AM   #21
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PowellsMonty

What kind of sauce do you put on them?
I would think a combination of splitser, red sause, and alfalfa. Ha Ha.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:21 AM   #22
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Wow Stiles, I've seen that prairie dog town at Devil's Tower! We were there about 10 years ago and it seemed there were hundreds of them varmints and equally as many holes. It is also true they are very proficient at removing all the vegetation around the homes to improve visibility. This prairie dog town was right at the road before you made the final turn into the parking lot, if I recall correctly.

They are definitely cute from a distance but I certainly am glad there are other of God's creatures that keep this God's creature in some kind of control. Another example of an animal whose misunderstood lifestyle has now become a nuisance due to mankind's intrusion.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:31 AM   #23
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Ozz, I forgot to mention,

If you haven't been there and I don't know how far Northwest you plan to go, but I recommend a stop at the Custer Battlefield. Very historical and the information is far more accurate than what I read as a child. You can walk parts of the battlefield, or drive your vehicle around the area. A lot of the information is from the Native Indian perspective and why Custer was so understandably hated. There's a museum, too. We spent 1/2 a day there and wish we had spent 2 days there and seen and read about everything!

Also like Stiles touched on, the Devil's Tower is one of the strangest, unusual, natural phenomenons you might ever see. Take some binoculars and scan the sides and see how many climbers you can spot. They are difficult but not impossible to find with the naked eye but I sure give them credit. You can also seem more "barking squirrels there, too. But don't count them, there's too many unless they have since been irradicated (sp?).
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:44 AM   #24
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
What they don't eat they cut down so they can see predators before they become dinner. Thats why the ranchers don't like them very much. You can shoot a 1000 of them in a day, then the next day not one dead prairie dog will be there. I have a friend who lives in Dubois WY who shot one at 2157 yards thats 1 1/4 miles.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:29 AM   #25
Parts Ed
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11144
Devils Tower is quite an impressive monument, you can hike around the base of it and as Stiles commented see people rock climbing. The KOA there is quite nice and every night they show "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" outside on their patio. From there you could jump over to Custer SD and see Mt. Rushmore/Crazy Horse.

Just thinking of that makes me want to head out on the road!!
Parts Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:12 PM   #26
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Parts Ed

Devils Tower is quite an impressive monument, you can hike around the base of it and as Stiles commented see people rock climbing. The KOA there is quite nice and every night they show "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" outside on their patio. From there you could jump over to Custer SD and see Mt. Rushmore/Crazy Horse.

Just thinking of that makes me want to head out on the road!!
We were just looking at the Road Atlas, I will pencil that attraction in. We just saw the movie again last week.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote