Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GIRLS gone MOC > House Keeping
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2008, 08:09 AM   #1
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Day/Night shades

I know this topic has been discussed before. Unfortunately, after much time spent searching, I can't find it.

Bernie was raising the day/night shades yesterday and one of them popped its string. Can someone please tell us how to restring these blinds and where to get the string. Thanks y'all!
Tammy

Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 10:14 AM   #2
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Here's a couple of sites Tammy
Jack
http://www.dirtyblindman.com/ http://www.fixmyblinds.com/09restring.html

jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:01 AM   #3
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Not sure what you mean by "popped it's string" but if the string didn't actually cut itself apart, the blinds are easy to repair yourself.

At the bottom of the day/night shade on the metal ridge, take off the "end caps". Now gently push the day/night shade a few inches out of the metal ridge on the "good" side that the string is still on. Look at how it connects. Now push the day/night shade in the other direction to now expose the "bad" side and you can compare and see how the sting should be connected. Just make the "bad" side string look like the "good" side string.

I've done this to almost everyone of our blinds and we have a couple that I have had to repair twice over the last 7 years that we have owned our Montana.

My husband has tried to fix the day/night shades and he can't figure it out. Or he is playing dumb so I'll fix 'em. No matter what, you just need a little bit of patience and they repair up real nice.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 05:55 AM   #4
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Fabric stores usually have cording of various sizes.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 05:05 AM   #5
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
Ours actually broke in our 2005 and we called the mfg. and sent it back and had it repaired. If you can not do it yourself it is another way to go. We tried to have it fixed in our area at a blind factory etc. but they would not touch it. It needed new cording put in. Good luck.
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:38 PM   #6
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Tammy,

Bob just popped one of our shades tonight. The shade on the left hand side of the desk. Just curious if you have restrung yours, and if you found the material to do it without ordering on line.

Thanks,

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:09 AM   #7
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
If it is any help, here is the link to the pictures I took while repairing our blinds. http://picasaweb.google.ca/john.cocking/DayniteShades

If by "popping", you mean the end cap came off, you can usually work them back together and lock the cap in with glue of a small screw. In my experience, popping is usuall caused by too much tension on the cords. If you can let off some tension so that there is just enough to hold the blinds up, they will work much better.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:12 AM   #8
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Nope, our string broke in the middle. We have had the end cap pull off as well, that was an easy fix.

Thanks for the restring thread.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:21 AM   #9
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
It seems when our blinds have broken they actually tear at the bottom of the rail. The hole that the cord goes through is dislodged and torn into the material. Is there anyway to fix this? The last one we sent back to Irvin to have fixed. We did loosen the tension on all the blinds after the first one did this and thought we had fixed the problem until we found this one doing the same thing again. I love the concept of these blinds but they seem very fragile at times.
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote