Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2003, 05:57 PM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Kansas

Kansas has a number of nice State and Federal campgrounds where our Montanas will fit. My personal all time favorite is at Tuttle Creek State Park (River Pond Area, just below the dam), north of Manhattan, KS. This park does not have sewer connections but does have elec and water. And a dump station. Most sites are pull throughs with a few long (very long) backins. Big, old trees, lots of shade, lots of room between neighbors (far more than we're othewise used to). A very nice park.

Another we like is a smaller Federal park just below the dam at Pomona Lake. This one is also in NE Kansas.

Another is Richie Cove, a Fed park, at Council Grove Lake, just off K177. This one is more in the central part of the state. Maybe eastern end of central. There's some nice Fed parks on the other side of the lake, too.

Clinton State Park and Bloomington (Fed) at Clinton Lake, near Lawrence, KS, is another of our favorites. The "prime" area has 50-amp while the rest is 30-amp.

All of the above has elec and water. Some have sewer but those sites are pretty limited. All have dump stations. All are roomy and most are shaded (we like trees).

Steve and Vicki Reigle
Topeka, KS (until 4/03, then fulltime traveling)
'99 F350 V10; '03 3295RK

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote