Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2010, 09:23 AM   #1
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Must see shows in Branson?

Have only been to Branson once on a quick trip. Did see Dixie Stampede, Magnificent Variety Show, and Legends in Concert while we were there.
Going back in September for a few days and trying to decide which shows to see. Give me some help. I know it is very much a personal opinion thing, but to those who have seen several shows, what would you consider to be your top 3 shows.
Is Silver Dollar City something to see? Or is it more a kid type park?

BB_TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:42 AM   #2
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
In Sept. Silver Dollar city used to have craft type shows, I assume they still do. (plan on a whole day if you go there--admission also has a cave tour, or at least they used to). Sohji tabuji (sp?) is a very good show. There is one called SIX that I found very good--6 brothers that sing without any band but they make their voices sound like they have instruments. of course the 2 "hillbilly" shows are also good. Actually I have never found one there that was not good. Hope this helps--I am sure others will be along with their ideas--Oh, try to visit the college of the Ozarks--they have tours and a very good museum-has the Beverly HillBilly's original car in it. Have Fun!!
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:04 PM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
We took in the Showboat Branson Belle that included dinner. Pricey, but we enjoyed it. The Pre performance troup was great, and Todd Oliver was the main feature. He had us rolling on the floor.

We also took in the River Dance show - forgot where, but it was also good.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:13 PM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We loved the Showboat and also really enjoyed the Sons of the Pioneer dinner show - a lot of really great food. I suppose it all depends on the type of music you like. We wanted to go to Roy Rogers Museum but didn't make it. I saw it when it was in CA and it is very interesting. The light show down at the mall by the river is worth seeing - free. Ate at a great place but don't remember name. It was there in the mall. Also the train in Branson is great if you like trains. We do.
Happy trails................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:38 PM   #5
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
We enjoyed the Micky Gilly show as well as Bald Knobbers and the Presleys the most of all the shows we saw.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:42 AM   #6
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Try Pierce Arrow. Good music and great comedy. We have seen both the evening and matinee show. Same performers for both but very different shows. If you go to the evening show first they give you 1/2 off the next day matinee. As Paul already stated Shoji is a great show. I think Silver Dollar City is more geared to kids but we have many adult friends who visit it every time they are in Branson. Maybe we have just been there too many times. If you have never been there it is probably worth the trip but be prepared to walk a lot. The shows inside SDC are very good. The fall Craft Festival is OK but more geared to selling you their wares. JMHO Jim
Old 08-11-2010, 06:07 PM   #7
johnp4191
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6664
A meal at Lambert's is a must and stop at Bass Pro Shop in Springfield. I agree Six puts on a great show. I would skip Yakov Smirnof's show. I enjoyed him years ago, but the show looked tired.
johnp4191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:43 AM   #8
Wild Horse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10026
When will you be there? We'll be there beginning Sept. 14th, for a six month stint. If you are there after the 14th, we could hook up for coffee or dinner or lunch or ?
Bill

Wild Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:36 AM   #9
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
We plan to be there sometime the first week for a few days, but that is not firm. Working around some other family events that are also less than firm.
BB_TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:47 PM   #10
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Besides the shows visit the College of the Ozarks. The students work for their tuition and there are a lot of places to visit. Make sure and have a meal at the restaurant. It's first class and reasonably priced.

Silver Dollar City was a great.. We felt there was more adult type entertainment than kids. They are celebrating their 50th anniversary and are giving out silver dollars in your change when making a purchase. Lots of musical entertainment and crafts. Be advised that some charge extra.

Don't know where you will be staying but we found a great little cg in West Branson called Acorn Acres. Very clean and great people. Have fun.
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:17 AM   #11
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We stayed at Acorn Acres for a month a couple of years ago. Loved it!! We liked the idea of being away from the hustle of the main town. Enjoy the area, it is beautiful.
Happy trails...............
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:12 PM   #12
itaves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8637
I highly recommend SIX...great entertainers. Also the Haygoods, a family of fiddle/violin players, everything from classical to country! Amazing talent.
itaves is offline   Reply With Quote