Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Internet & Cell Phones
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2008, 03:18 AM   #1
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Problems with CTR350 software upgrade

Anyone owning the CTR350 use caution with the upgrade from Ver 1.7 to 2.0.
I did the upgrade and then could not get past the login window It does not accept my password or the default password. The upgrade software seemed to reset back to some defaults.

There have been reports from others of this problem according to the 3Gsupport team.

One recommendation from 3Gstore was to use a USB thumb drive to force the 1.7 software back on. I do not have one so I have lost the router WIFI service at this time.

Waiting on help from Alex and his tech crew.

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 04:15 AM   #2
Alex Sian
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7171
Send a message via AIM to Alex Sian
FYI, in the time since firmware 2.0.0 has been released, 3gstore has upgraded firmware on hundreds of routers we've sold (we preinstall for an addtl fee, and do it free when router is bought with evdo device on contract).

we have been unable to duplicate this issue where a person gets locked out of their router, and neither has cradlepoint.

in my opinion, its not likely to be caused by the firmware, and is likely to be hardware failure.

BUT... i'm not good enough to work in tech support... so even my opinion should be taken with caution!

I agree with john... if there is nothing you immediately need that firmware 2.0.0 provides... and your router works for you now... it may be better to wait until more is known about this issue, or even for next rev of firmware.
Alex Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:44 AM   #3
muddflapp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7533
This is the simple fix. If you are using Windows XP. Restore your computer to before you upgraded. Then you can get everything back working the way it was. I did that once on an upgrade and it screwed everything up. Restored system and it worked fine, once again.
muddflapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 02:19 AM   #4
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Cradle point shiped me a new 350.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote