Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2007, 02:05 PM   #1
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Black Friday...No Way!

Just curious how many of you actually went shopping today????
I would rather be stuck in a cage full of hungry rats rather than go to a store from now until the second week of January. I was shocked two men actually had a fist fight over a laptop computer at Best Buy. How sad.

Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 02:40 PM   #2
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Not me! No way I'm going near any stores today. I'll stay home and relax!!!
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 02:54 PM   #3
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Bah Humbug!!!!!

I do Christmas shopping all year-round for me and the wife, when ever we feel like it's a good time to give or get a present, we get one, and we dont have to wrap them either, just a hug and a kiss is all the wrapping paper we need.
It's just to stressfull with all of the rude people out there, the looking for a parking place,
Anyways, Christmas should be for children under 18, then after that get a job and start to purchase Xmas gifts for the little people.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:25 PM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I always try to stay clear of insanity.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 04:49 PM   #5
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
I watched the insanity on TV and was thinking what has Christmas come to? We now have to push our way into a store at 4:00AM and injure others just to save a few $$. I really do not think this is what Christmas is all about.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 05:04 PM   #6
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
We were lucky enough to have to work today. Looking at the lines on the news I get images of hurricane aftermath
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 06:05 PM   #7
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
This is our first year of retirement. In the past, we had to work on Friday. My DW stated that we should get up and go to SAM'S for their 5 O'Clock opening. I just agreed with her. Sometime during the night she changed her mind because at 0700 I was just waking up.

Thank you Lord!

Semper Fi!
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 06:34 PM   #8
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Our streets are icy and its about 20 outside. Went out about 6:00 tonight to get some shoes and the stores and streets were practically empty. The stores actually opened around 4:00 AM this morning, so either the weather wore down the customers, or they just weren't used to the early hours.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 09:11 PM   #9
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Went to the Big K at about 10AM. It was about as crowded as Wal*Mart on a slow day. Shopped for a couple necessities and was out of there in under 29 minutes. Passed the Wally World on the way home and the parking lot was packed.

When it comes to Christmas shopping for each other I gotta go with Trailer Trash but we also stretch it to birthdays and anniversaries. If I or Lorraine desire a present for any of those days we just go buy it any of the 365 days in a year. This way we get exactly what "we" want with no worries about sizes, color, fit, like or dislike. We haven't had to take a gift back to the store in many years. Ever try to return a gift within the 30 days after Christmas??? The lines seem longer than on the day you bought it. AND doing it our way there is none of that last minute shopping because we forgot what day it is.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 12:15 AM   #10
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We had a tradition of going to the Mall of America the day after thanksgiving when we lived in Minnesota.... We never bought mch but just people watched.... This time we had to go to the Mall in Ocala and it was a zoo... It was way worse than the MOA... We picked up our order from the catalog department and got out of there as fas as we could get around the mob.
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 05:59 AM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There was not much of a Black Friday around here. Looked like a normal day...Went to Wallmart this AM and there were hundreds of parking spots. Folks in this part of the country are hurting..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 07:49 AM   #12
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
We do all of our Christmas shopping year round. Marge picks up things as she runs across them in our travels. People receiving them feel blessed that they can get things from all over the USA. Makes it easy on me too because I hate to shop. If I see something I think Marge will like I get it and give it to her no matter the time of year. She does the same for me.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:50 AM   #13
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
I agree with all of you.

Now our kids are older and we don't have to get out at 4 am to buy the hot, low priced items.

I feel the stores are taking advantage of the consumers, and they are making the christmas spirt into the christmas races.

I do feel for the families with the young children at home. These are usually the people you find at the door, in the dark hours of the morning waiting for the store to open. Families that are forced to take advantage of the sales games by the department stores.

Can't change the world.....but I can sure learn to relax in it! This year I did not go shopping except at 2pm to Walmart to pick up a few household items that were needed.

Now maybe this Saturday, I might be out.......LOL!
Denise
PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote