Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-04-2006, 04:07 AM   #1
rak
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5481
Thank God for Honest People

Thank God there are honest people in the world. Yesterday I lost by billfold at a rest area on the way to visit friends in Topeka. I did not discover it until about 4 hours later. Went back to the rest area and asked it anyone had turned in a billfold and no one had. I figured I had to start the painful process of canceling all credit cards and getting a new drivers license. For some reason I called my answering machine and there was a message from a lady that she had found my billfold. She had call information and got my phone number. I called her back and we made arrangements to have the billfold sent to me via UPS as she lived 2 1/2 hours away from me. Lesson learned. Do not carry any more than necessary and have phone number in billfold.
Dick

rak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:17 AM   #2
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
There are still alot of honest people out there, glad your wallet found one.

Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:33 AM   #3
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
Had the same experience in Big Bend Nat. park a couple of years ago. I lost a money clip with about $80.00 in it. Someone found it and turned it in to a park ranger, and I was able to reclaim it. The man who found it wouldn't take a reward.

There are still a few around. Kinda restores your faith in humanity.
Glad it worked out well for you, too.
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:35 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The vast majority of folks are decent honest law abiding folks.The ones we hear about most are the ones who are not. A headline in our local paper that said' 10,000 homes were not broken into last night " is not news worthy..only the 2 that were broken into will make the newspaper.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:47 AM   #5
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Dick, Close call - glad it came worked out okay. Restores your faith in people, that's for sure.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:53 PM   #6
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Dick - I am glad that billfold got back to you, as said before there are a lot of great people out there. However that isn't NEWS WORTHY.... media wise - To Bad. I wonder what would happen if new's media could only report good things?????? I am going to PM you about your Topeka visit. John
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:52 PM   #7
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Dick, glad you got your billfold back ok! That is also a good reason to keep credit cards separate from your drivers license while on the road. I don't do it now but will be looking into keeping them in the visor thingy when we start traveling next SPRING!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:16 PM   #8
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Dick,

I am so glad ot hear things worked out so well. This time of year can bring out the best and the worst in people. I am happy to hear you ran into someone trying to bring out the best of this time of year!
Safe travels
Phil
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:33 AM   #9
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Good deal getting the wallet back. Donna and I both carry a different credit card when on the road so if I lose my wallet or she loses her purse , we don't have to cancel both cards.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote