Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2006, 07:24 AM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
A/C Question

For those who have the FACTORY INSTALLED second A/C..Does it work off the Climate control.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:36 AM   #2
SKOOBDO
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5293
I'm off work today, so I've sent out several messages today I have the 2nd A/C and it is all self-contained (not hooked up to the climate control center). You control all of it's functions from the unit itself which is probably located in your bedroom. One thing for sure, if you're sleeping and it gets too cold or too hot you don't have too get out of the bed to mess around with the main thermostat control. Hope this helps you. On Edit: I do have the factory installed one (Duo-Therm Brisk-Air by Dometic).
SKOOBDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:44 AM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Rich,
No, the 2nd a/c has its own controls that are in the a/c unit. The main a/c is the only one that has thermostat. My 2nd a/c has temp settings and will cycle on and off according to the temp(range) you set, but cannot be set to a specific degree like the main a/c.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:04 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
//OK,,I just wondered.We had the dealer install the low profile Dometic and as both of you say it has it's own controls..It got warm enough here today for the A/C to work and I was giving both of them a long run test.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:13 AM   #5
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Rich,
Did you get the heat strip with your bedroom a/c? I have not really had a "hot" day to test the a/c, but the heat strip does help keep the chill off in the evening and mornings.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:28 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Yes it came with it but I don't see how it will do much good as hot air rises and the A/C is right up against the ceiling
Old 05-10-2006, 03:17 PM   #7
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Rich,
Temps last night were down at 35 degrees. I ran the heatstrip in the a/c from 8pm - midnight along with the heater in my fire place. The temp in the coach when I went to bed was 81 degrees, too hot for me but I wanted to see how well it would work. I got up at 4am to let the dog out and temp in the coach was at 61 degrees. Flipped that a/c heater back on and shut the bedroom door, by 530am I was back up and turned it back off. (too hot) The service tech said the heat strip will not "heat" the coach, but will help keep the chill off. Chill?? HOLY COW IT WAS 81 DEGREES IN THERE!!
Old 05-10-2006, 03:39 PM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I would have never thought it would work that well but am glad that it does. We have not tried it yet and hopefully we will never need it.