Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2005, 01:26 PM   #1
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Tomorrow we pull out and head to Valdez

We are all fixed up and ready to go! Things have really wound down here in Anchorage and the crowds are a fraction of what they used to be. It's time for us to move on, too.

Our water tank is all replaced (thank you, Keystone, for the great customer service and personal interest). The repairman seemed to think that all was not connected properly. But we're good to go now. We used the water pump and tank last night and everything is working well.

We'll head to Valdez, about 6 hours down the road, if the wind doesn't blow us backwards. There were gusts from 50-70 mph southwest of here this morning. Now it is sunny and beautiful.

We're looking forward to this next leg of our adventure.

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 01:54 PM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Safe ride Judy! Congrats on the water fix!

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 02:29 PM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
So glad to hear you are in one piece again. Enjoy the next leg of your fantastic trip. We will get to hear all about it in Oct.!
Happy trails................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 03:26 PM   #4
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Judy, So glad that you got your tank and are on your way, I have sure enjoyed all the news and pictures and look forward to more.. Have a safe trip and enjoy all the beautiful country side.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 04:09 AM   #5
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
Glad to hear Keystone got you all fixed up in a timely manner. Hope you don't encounter too many 70 MPH winds. Drive safe and continue to keep us posted.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 10:49 AM   #6
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
If I recall correctly you folks are headed for the Ore. coast, redwoods etc. I would think that would put in for a crossing from Canada to US in western Wa. Do you have approx. schedule? Maybe we could provide RON parking. We are just south of Sumas Wa., which is a better crossing than at Blaine. Sure have been enjoying following your trip. The Legend has to take a back seat (just kidding Steve) as you guys are the star of this show.
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 05:32 PM   #7
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
The 'star of this show'? Wow, I've never been famous before. We are crossing over into middle Washington around Osoyoos in mid Sept. Glen wants to see Coulee Dam and we plan to drive along the Columbia River. Sorry to say, I don't think we'll be near Sumas. Thanks for the offer, although I don't know what RON parking is. Glad you're enjoying our blog. We have posted new pictures from Anchorage today, for those who are interested.

By the way, we didn't leave for Valdez as we decided to attend the Alaska State Fair in Palmer tomorrow. They raise those giant veggies, as I think I mentioned before. We'll drive toward Valdez on Friday.

Today we visited the Alaska Museum of History and Art. It's a GREAT place. Please put it on your list if you're planning to visit Anchorage. They have great dioramas of native dwellings and artifacts. And beautiful art, too.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:32 PM   #8
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Well, we didn't leave for Valdez as planned, but it was our choice. We decided to stay and go to the Alaska State Fair in Palmer. The "giant" vegetables weren't as big or as many as we expected but the quilts and fabric art items were spectacular. These ladies keep busy during the winter. It was fun to see the different foods offered (where can you get oysters and halibut at a state fair?) and the different products for sale in this area. It was a little rainy but no one minded. It was well worth the short delay in our travels.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:36 AM   #9
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Judy- You mentioned Central Washington, Coulee Dam and Columbia River. We just returned from there if you want to view our site. We enjoyed it so much. Note also the Levenworth area of Washington. Really a cute town.
Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 04:10 AM   #10
Montana_4454
Established Member

M.O.C. #4454
glad you are good to go. If you have the time while you are in the area check out the double muskie resturant about 60 miles out of ankerage. It is know as the best resturant in alaska
henry
Montana_4454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 07:08 AM   #11
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thanks for that recommendation, Henry. I doubt that we'll stop on this trip but it will be a good reason to come back.

Helen, I'll be looking at your site later when I have a better connection. Thanks for the suggestion. It's a beautiful day in Anchorage....and all of 44 degrees!
Old 08-26-2005, 11:44 AM   #12
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Ouch!!!
Old 08-26-2005, 11:45 AM   #13
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
I mean burrrrrr
Old 08-26-2005, 06:54 PM   #14
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
adelmoll, I enjoyed your pictures of the Columbia River. Seems you were there at a very pretty time of the year.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:42 PM   #15
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Judy and Glen, I agree with Dick. You two are taking the trip of a lifetime, a trip many of us dream about and hope to take "someday." We are enjoying following your travels and look forward to discussing it with you at the rally. Keep up the great reports!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 09:20 PM   #16
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thanks, Steve. We'll have fun sharing at the rally, too. I just posted some pictures of the beautiful scenery around Thompson Pass on the road to Valdez. Hope y'all have a chance to check them out. It was some of the prettiest scenery we've seen on the entire trip.