Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2016, 11:04 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Another electrical incident

I was replacing a breaker in my panel, I moved the pick-up coil for my Built-in electrical management unit a tad I guess, when I powered back up I saw a tiny spark in my panel where the L-1&L-2 come into it, everything shut down. I thought where did that spark come from!!!!
I pulled the little coil off the wire feeding the inboard side of the 50 amp breaker and looked closely at it.... Real closely. Tiny pin- hole. The coil insulation was stretched way too hard and that made it thin. Poor quality control.
I added wrap to it, moved it away from the feed-through and... 'Bob's your Uncle'
Got power again

https://goo.gl/photos/yySf12PBYJbXqzZWA

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 11:40 AM   #2
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
You are a true handy man!
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 11:48 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by K0LCB

You are a true handy man!
Maybe.. But I still swear profusely at my computer daily and give up trying to do simple things with it. :-(
Old 02-17-2016, 12:14 PM   #4
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Ozz, you seem to be having a few more incidents as of late? We hope things improve for you and it's clear sailing for awhile from here.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 04:11 PM   #5
Starmaster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #16103
Hey Ozz,

Is this one of the CTs that is inside the Progressive EMS, or is this one of the CTs for the auxiliary AC volts/amps displays?

I seem to remember the ones for my Progressive unit had a molded covering, not tape. Hopefully it's not the ones in the Progressive unit. If it is, a call to them may be in order, if for nothing else than to give them a heads up.

Dave
Starmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 02:53 AM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Starmaster

Hey Ozz,

Is this one of the CTs that is inside the Progressive EMS, or is this one of the CTs for the auxiliary AC volts/amps displays?

I seem to remember the ones for my Progressive unit had a molded covering, not tape. Hopefully it's not the ones in the Progressive unit. If it is, a call to them may be in order, if for nothing else than to give them a heads up.

Dave

Good call Dave, I had extended the wires on these, so it is probably my 2 panel displays and not the Energy management unit, I have the panel mount amp/volt displays so I can glance up on the wall and see the readings instantly, instead of waiting for the remote to cycle on my EMS. These 2 displays are very nice, but CHEAP, both in price and in quality.
You are one sharp Dude, Dawg..