Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2015, 04:31 AM   #1
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Little buggers get around

Found this article on RV travel and since mud dabbers love the smell of propane in the morning it makes sense that this is just another place they can get.
http://www.rvtravel.com/?q=daily-rv-tips-issue3109588

DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:20 AM   #2
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Speaking of little buggers, now that I trapped the mouse that was using monte as its florida home, I have been noticing some odor coming out from behind the passthru walls. Couldn't see anything when I removed walls. Took off furnace cover and found pile of seeds under blower which I vaccumed out. So now it is time to drop the front bottom to see what's going on and do some cleaning. Have covered the under the stairs vents with tape to keep smell out of kitchen/living room. John
Old 04-01-2015, 11:37 AM   #3
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
They cause a serious noise when they build a nest in the furnace fan. Flea collars in furnace, water heater and refridge help keep them out, if you remember to change them out
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 04:00 PM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Hey LC does the Monte lift its wheel to scratch behind the furnace or water heater when it has an itch? Back to the subject! Got some screens on the outlets and vent openings for the furnace and water heater but adding more before we take it out this season. We've used Fresh Cab for nearly three years now and have not had a problem with the "little critters" at all. I've even put a bag in the water heater and furnace compartments and nothing so far there in the way of mud dabbers either. We used to keep the 2980 down next to a cabin we used to own and it was on the Platte River bottom and never had a critter or dabber the whole time. We now keep the 3582 in the Montana Home out at the farm and have Fresh Cab throughout and also have three ultra-sound pest/critter controllers plugged in around the inside of the building. Nary a critter there either and it's next to a cornfield and a windbreak that has waist high grass in it. Either the stuff works or I'm just lucky!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:37 AM   #5
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Going to tractor supply for fresh cab once I am done with this stage of cleaning. Unloaded the passthru and did blue dawn and bleach treatment to the floor. Smells pretty rank behind the wall on curbside. John