Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived - Forum Information and Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2007, 10:58 AM   #1
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Slow forums again?

I have noticed the double (and triple) posts are on the rise again - in my own case I just tried to post (several attempts to one thread) resulting in SQL errors. Once I got it to take, I found I had four replies that I needed to clean up...
Is this something that needs periodic tuning to keep things smooth?

Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 03:41 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I'm experiencing the same thing tonight. I noticed that if the error says "post_info" then it's the message that tells you you successfully posted that timed out and your reply posted ok. To verify I hit the back button and then the refresh. It will still show my typed message at the bottom but now I can see my message did post. This is probably not very clear.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 04:42 PM   #3
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I have been noticing some slow down in the past week, not necessarily at any particular time, but I'm using my cell phone (14.4). So I went to a wi-fi location and discovered the same problem. I guess maybe the forum is going through the slooooowwwws again.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 05:09 PM   #4
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
It is barely usable for me tonight - I am unable to even browse the forums.

My prior experience on another forum that used SQL...it needed a little kick in the shorts now & then. A reboot usually solved it for a while.
No idea if that's what is happening here, or what it takes to clear it up.
I am now in the habit of copying my post before I hit submit...if it errors out I have to type it all over again.
Mind you I am not complaining...this is a great resource here...if I knew how to fix it I certainly would.
I suppose the proper thing to do when seeing an SQL error would be to copy it down and post it for the fixers of the forum.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:58 AM   #5
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Weird, the main page shows this thread with NO responses, but I count 3.

Pages are loading very slowly here, but I am not on blazing fast wifi, and just sorta fast air card. Al last night, on ole slow hughesnet (gotta get our router soon), took over 4 minutes to load a page.

This is not meant as criticism, just information.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:54 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
This latest slow down has been going on about a month. The forum has been slow on and off as long as I have been a member. Remember that the forum is run by forumco.com (See below..) It runs pretty good 95% of the time....Not bad..

About Us

Here at ForumCo.com we are dedicated to providing the best, fastest and easiest to use hosted discussion forum for our users.

ForumCo discussion forums are based on a forum that was developed by www.asp-dev.com and later enhanced by forum.snitz.com.

We rely on our users for feedback. If you have an idea or have a feature request please email us or post on our support forum.

ForumCo.com,
Dublin.
Éire.

Tel:353-86-1061676

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote