Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2007, 12:35 AM   #1
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
110 VAC Loose Wire

It has been posted before but I think it is worth posting again. I noticed the 110VAC lights over the bathroom sink flickering (dimming out part way). I check the switch wiring and its wires were tight. I pulled the light fixture and those wires were tight. I pulled the face off the 110VAC circuit panel (Danger Will Robinson). If you are not comfortable and knowledgeable with 110VAC get a professional because it can kill you. I found one of the 50amp service lead screws loose by almost a full turn. Tightening it up cured my problem.

That loose screw can cause arching, that was why the lights were flickering.

So, if you notice 110VAC lights or 12VDC lights flickering do not put it off chase it down.

Good luck and safe towing.
Cheers,

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:28 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Good post, John.
Seems to be a very common problem that should be discussed on a regular basis. Glad you fixed it.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:59 PM   #3
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
Same here and thank you Ozz now all my leads in and out, are covered in solder or soldered together and the screws can be fully tightened.
Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote