Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2006, 03:57 PM   #1
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
New King Pin

Not for sure which forum so lets just generalize. Took Monty over to Walnut Ridge RV in New Castle Indiana and had the TrailAir King Pin Box installed. We also discovered we had a leak in the Bedroom Slide this past weekend when we went camping, in the far forward outside corner. We didn't know we had it until we noticed the head board discolored and we pulled back the bed cover and the pillow and sheet were also discolored. We looked every where on the wall and did not see any water marks so the dealer looked and said some sealing tape on top of the slide out was not stuck down properly and had moisture under it also so they re-did that hope it works.
Now for the big news --- drum roll please---- lets throw in a few toots of the trumpets....we now have a working flashlight!!!!!!! I am so happy, I am going to sleep like a baby tonight. Boy after installing the TrailAir King pin we had to learn to re-set the trailer height for hook-up as to allow for the drop of the air billows that supports it is about 3 inches. First time I tried I was too high and missed the king pin lock. So lowered it down to what I considered was way low - the plate was almost at the bottom of the hitch but when I backed up under it, the billows allowed the pin to ride up to the proper height and went right in the receiver with a good solid hitch click. We drove back to Brownsburg IN from New Castle and I still have to get used to it. I do think the pitching and bucking is not quite as bad. I looked in the mirror and the shock absorber was moving up and down a lot, but I didn't feel it in the pick up. So We will see if the investment is worth it.

indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:50 PM   #2
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Phill & Gladys,

Congrats on Getting a Working Flashlight!!!!!
Also on the ( secondary News ) about your new pinbox. Keep us posted on how it works for you.

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 03:29 AM   #3
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
Hope you like the new pin box! We bought your 2955RL from Walnut Ridge they are nice people to work with! See-Ya
Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:05 PM   #4
Montana_3956
Established Member

M.O.C. #3956
Congrats on the Pin Box. I got one for my 3295 and love it. I look out my rear view mirror and see the tailgate going like crazy and the coach just floats along. Be sure not to over inflate tho, just to the arrow. Lots of luck
Montana_3956 is offline   Reply With Quote