Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2013, 08:14 AM   #1
bobsals
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10232
TiVo RV TV

Like probably many here, I put the old standard definition TiVo in the attic when the cable company came out with the HD DVR. Even though we were paying the Cable company more, we kind of like the HD programing. Well, I was wondering if anyone here has taken their old TiVo DVR and use it in in the Monty? Thought it might be nice to be able to record the news or other show while at the Campground. Not even sure it would work, that's why I posting the question before I go through all the work to install it. Also, if it would work, will it work both on the antenna and park cable?

bobsals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
I don't have cable but do have Dish Network. Use our HD DVR with it daily.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
Rainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13378
Send a message via MSN to Rainer
Try this: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb.../t-477903.html

The problem that I find is most of these posts are at least five years old, so it appears very few people are doing this nowadays. Instead folks are using their laptops to record shows/movies to play them back. We use the HDMI connection on either our laptop or or iPad to view recorded shows/movies, or if we have an Internet connection, we can view streaming video from DirecTV, Netflix, Amazon or Hulu.

If worse comes to worse, we still have a gaggle of DVD's we can watch, or we can rent/borrow a DVD to keep us entertained.
Rainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:04 AM   #4
bobsals
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10232
Pretty sure mine is a series II. Kind of a dinosaur by today's standards. Probably just sell it for whatever I can get for it. Sad, because it still works perfectly only not HD. Thanks for the replies guys.
bobsals is offline   Reply With Quote