Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2011, 03:26 PM   #81
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl

Model: '07 3295RK
Problem: Graphic curling
Age at 3rd year
Home location (state/prov): PA
Yearly usage: 100 plus
When not used: open storage facility
Washed: once a year by hand

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:34 PM   #82
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
1999 2850RK Owned from 3/13/ 99 until 3/31/11
Stored under partial cover during the winter only with front cap always exposed to morning sun. Front cap decal faded a little, but absolutley no shrinkage or lifting anywhere. I hope our new 2011 decals hold up as well!
Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:38 PM   #83
bear
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9827
Bill,

Thank you for starting this topic,I believe we are wasting our time dealing with Keystone on any level.
I have tried and have gotten the same run around as every one else
The same goes for Burlington.
THOR industries,inc. is the company who owns KEYSTONE, AIRSTREAM, DUTCHMEN, CROSSROADS, HEARTLAND, REDWOOD, BRECKENRIDGE
We might try another approach,if we all wrote a letter to the Main MAN ! just an idea, But we all need to write or it will not work.

Here is the contact information :

Peter B Orthwein
Chairman President and Chief Executive Officer

THOR Industries,inc
419 west pike st
PO box 629
Jackson Center,OH 45334-0629
Phone# 937.596.6849

Thanks
David Swarat
E-mail: dswarat@gmail.com

bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:58 PM   #84
The Weekenders
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8863
I have the gelcoat on my 08 3585SA which I wax once a year including decals with Meguiers Pure Boat and RV Wax. Wash throughout the summer with Thetfords RV Wash and Wax. Been doing this since brand new. No pealing except for front nose decals and I suspect my scrubbing of the bugs may have something to do with that.
The Weekenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 04:19 PM   #85
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have some new friends here in Northern Ohio who have had a Graphics design business for years. we are near Lake Erie and they do many boats as well as Trucks and anything one may want graphics on.
We had dinner with them a couple of days ago and we explained out Montana graphics issues to them. He will come over and look at the Montana and I have some Graphics that Burlinton sent me for them to evaluate. However... He said with no hesitation that the ONLY reason graphics would peel, crack, shrink was...inferior and low quality material. This should be interesting..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 04:26 PM   #86
The Weekenders
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8863
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

We have some new friends here in Northern Ohio who have had a Graphics design business for years. we are near Lake Erie and they do many boats as well as Trucks and anything one may want graphics on.
We had dinner with them a couple of days ago and we explained out Montana graphics issues to them. He will come over and look at the Montana and I have some Graphics that Burlinton sent me for them to evaluate. However... He said with no hesitation that the ONLY reason graphics would peel, crack, shrink was...inferior and low quality material. This should be interesting..
We have great graphics dealer around here who said the same thing. Poor quality graphics equals peeling, cracking etc. Can't make chicken salad of out chicken poop.
The Weekenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:13 PM   #87
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
We purchased a new 2006 2955RL exactly 5 years ago this month. The front cap started fading and peeling after 2 years. The sides are now curling. It is too bad that Keystone has let this problem persist. I think it advertises very badly for them.
CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:58 AM   #88
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
Richfaa I called 2 grafic companys in Albuquerque checking on prices to remove and replace all of my grafics. (The CS person @ Keystone said they would send out all new grafics after thet recieved the photos of my unit.)Both companys I called cover entire vehicles with wrapped grafics so ask if waxes or sun or anything else cause them to peel and crack the way ours did. They both said nothing would make them do that but inferior material. So your friend was right. Two opinions from two different parts of the country. Two different types of weather. Thanks Jack
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:27 AM   #89
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
This is the first "professional" graphics person I have ever met and I told him I need to become "educated" on graphics. We met these folks some time ago and they contacted us when they came down to Florida for a vacation to help them out with Disney and Hotel reservations...which we did . I will learn and then will look foward to the next "seminar" by Burligton.

BTW jack "wrapped Graphics" is a different process than is what is on our and most RV's.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:25 PM   #90
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
We had that problem too. I kept trimming them with a razor blade but they were not good.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:40 AM   #91
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
We have an "04" bought new in feb.04 The unit spends summers in Michigan with the front and street side exposed to the sun. The winters,(5-6 months) are in the west and since we are moving around the sun exposure is all around. I use Protectall a couple times a year. I replaced the front graphics at 2 and 6 years, most of the street side at 5 years and the curb side at 6 years. Most were shrunk and peeling long before they were replaced. Not all of the graphics had this problem, for the most part the dark blue mountains stayed quite nice, it was the Montana name and assorted others that failed.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote