Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2007, 03:54 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Idea for the rubber slide seal

I've been pondering this and may have an idea to keep the slide seal flipped out in the proper position.
Put out the slide, mark the position of the rubber seal; flipped out in the proper position. It may or may not be touching the 'corner moulding' behind it, take a length of aluminum angle, maybe 1" and embed it on the slide roof with the rubber roof sealant.
The slide moves in, so it would not impede anything, and when out, it will butt up against the aluminum.
OK, work or not work?????
Ozz

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 04:47 AM   #2
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Sounds like it may. Getting my Don to do it is another job. He says he is an electrician and not a carpenter. LOL
I take that back he has done quite a bit. I would like you to show him exactly what you mean at Branson on this fix. Please.
Thanks for sharing.
Dusty
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 02:24 AM   #3
BillE
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2594
Ozz,

Been kinda thinking about the same thing, but instead of using "a piece of something" how about a large bead of non-leveling silicone? Also, no matter what one would use, put 'it' at an angle. If I can explain better..example on the top, you'd start at 4 inches from one corner and end 6 inches from the other. That way the seal would 'unroll' a little at a time.

Does that make sense?

Bill
BillE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 02:50 AM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
It does make sense. I was thinking an angle aluminum because mine, and many other roofs on the slide are not straight across, there is a sagging in the middle going on there....Us retired folks know all about sagging in the midddle; anyway, the sealant will bridge the gap in the middle, while the angle will butt up against the rubber strip.
Dusty, we will put our heads together on this deal.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote