Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2014, 01:58 AM   #41
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Keystone needs to take notice,

There are now 3 manufacturers in Indiana that offer a 2 year warranty, 2 more in Kansas offer 2 year warranty and now 1 more in Colorado offers a 2 year warranty.

Phil P

If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 06:21 PM   #42
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Still no Montana. waiting for new tanks and installation. We have already missed two local campouts and the memorial day campout. We have missed the deadline for the N.E MOC rally and last minute attendance is doubtful.

However we do not care .We are getting accustomed to not having the Montana and saving $$$ . We figure the dealer cost will be about 1,000K with the 200.00 deductible on our Extended warranty and at 90.00 per hour and parts for the items we need repaired. we have already not spent over 300.00 on fuel and campground fees. Final decision to keep or not keep is still down the road a bit

Rich, you have more patience that me. It sounds like they are trying to fix everything but it is just the idea that so much has went wrong in the first place. We have had two Montana's in a short time span and have been generally happy. You do have a tough decision coming up. Once everything is re-done you could have a fiver that lasts forever, or other things could come up and it goes back into the shop. Trade, or stick with it? If you trade do you take a chance with a different brand or try another Montana? I would probably roll the dice on another one.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:19 AM   #43
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Been looking at used prices for a 2013 3402 Montana Big sky. They are nuts I would not pay that much for one of these. If I could get a reasonable price it would be gone. Check out NADA,KBB and Rv trader...crazy. If we do sell our RV days are over. We can still do a lot of travel with truck and Rv money plus what we have left in out travel fund. Rving is just something we do to see the country. We can and have done it without the RV. We like the freedom of the RV but there are just to many problems Montana or otherwise.

Pretty sure this is the year we will purchase our RV lot in Florida as many are doing. The Honda has never fell apart driving to Florida. We shall see.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:25 AM   #44
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Rich....Motels/Hotels have bed bugs!
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 03:02 PM   #45
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
Rich, I kind of know where you are coming from. A buddy of mine who retired several years before I did has a park model about 1 mile from Ft. Myers Beach. It is a really nice gated facility and he actually owns the land/lot he has his unit on. We looked at a couple that were for sale last winter. I can see going that route after we are done traveling so much. Anyway, good luck whichever way you go.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:27 PM   #46
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We now lease a Lot At Deer creek RV and Golf Resort Exit 58, I-4.It is a privately owned HOA and very nice, Several MOCers have purchased lots at similar facility's nearby. We have been tempted but did not like the idea of being committed to Florida If we owned a lot. These Big Sky issues have caused us to rethink the issue. We have nearly 8 years of travel under our belt and have been about everywhere. We were hoping for the New England States this summer.
The Big Sky experience has soured us on Rv travel and the idea of a single wide on a nice lot is looking good. We can buy a smaller TT and smaller truck for summer travel.

The Big Sky is still at the dealer awaiting holding tanks. We are proceeding as if we will keep it and planning for the Mor Ryde IS system install.
we are hoping for the best case results but worst case will be Ok also.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:23 AM   #47
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Well the two holding tanks are in and are being installed however they say that we have different seals than are normally installed and will have to order them. We are in no hurry and in fact will be going on the road without the RV. Honda Odyssey and Motels. worry free trip.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:56 PM   #48
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
Don't say worry free, Rich. Last time we stayed in a motel Bonnie had some stuff stolen out of the bottom of her suitcase by the "honest" staff of the motel. At least the hotel management swore that their staff was honest.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:26 PM   #49
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
It happens as well as in a RV. We have travelled for years in both our jobs and pleasure and have never had any kind of a problem in a Hotel or Motel. Our last trip was to West palm Beach,Fl for a family visit. We stayed in a motel that was being renovated, they never mentioned that. It was like being in a construction zone. we lodged a complaint with the national office and got a refund.

Now we do not stay in many 4 star hotels or Motels but we have always had a pleasant experience. We did business travel for many years and the biggest problem was the airlines losing my Luggage on a regular basis.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:19 PM   #50
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Used to travel on business and so I do have some hotel stories. One of the best, however, was taking the kids to Disney land and staying at a brand new high end hotel. Pulled down the covers and there in the bed was a very large wood roach. Management not only didn't apologize or offer any compensation they told me that wood roaches were endemic so basically get used to them. Contacted their national office and was again told to learn to live with it. I'd rather deal with my Monty's issues. At least I know the management.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:46 PM   #51
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
After two months at the dealership most of it 'awaiting parts" the Big sky will be ready to go July 8th. Long story short we are going to roll the dice again and keep this thing. We are having the Mor Ryde IS installed and that should relieve a lot of stress on the frame and hopefully prevent it from falling apart.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:07 PM   #52
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Good luck Rich, it would be a shame to get rid of it that is one beautiful 5th