Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2009, 03:24 PM   #61
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Another call, this time from Keystone, on Thursday, February 12th. The rep just wanted to be sure Bish's was still contacting me regularly about the state of repairs on our 3585.

Keystone certainly is doing its part to get my Montana back to me, fixed and ready to roll. I appreciate all the calls. I also appreciate Cindy from Bish's calling me when promised.

Carolyn

Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:18 AM   #62
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
UPDATE, February 24th: Cindy, from Bish's RV, called to give me the latest on our Montana. The remote for the living room TV never did work; she ordered another one, and found that it didn't work, either. A generic remote was then purchased and programmed to go with the set--no dice. The problem seems to be with the TV as well as with the remote. So, we're getting a new TV, a new DVR player, and a new surround sound system so that everything can be programmed "as new," and all the remotes and wiring can be checked to be sure we have no more problems with any of the entertainment system.

Cindy continues to call us regularly, as she promised she would. Also, the Keystone customer service rep also calls us regularly to make sure things are going along to our satisfaction. They are!

The tentative date for picking up our rig is somewhere in mid-March, when we are fairly safe in having the de-winterizing done so that Bish's can run a pressure check to be sure no lines or tanks cracked during the brutal Idaho winter.

Thumbs up to Cindy at Bish's, and thumbs up to Keystone.

I'll keep you posted!

Carolyn
Old 02-24-2009, 11:47 AM   #63
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Carolyn,
I am so happy things are working out for you, repairs have hit you with a double whammy, with the new house and your problems with it, as well with the Monte.
You seem to be the kind of person we would all like for a next door neighbor. We are with you. (I keep trying to brush off the little bug....)
Keep the updates coming.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:28 PM   #64
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
you guys have a new house but I hope you didn't get any of the chinese drywall that stincks to sulpher.. here in fl they are gutting houses as the drywall eates up all copper so all the wiring has to be torn out and all the heat and air cond units so the gut the house and start over,, lots of law suits are flying all over the place , i have no idea how many houses but its in the hunderds as i hear,,,sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:34 PM   #65
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
No Chinese drywall here. This new house--an albatross, curse, whatever you want to call it--has made a better case for fulltiming than anything I've heard or read, though. We now have 877 square feet of hardwood and subfloor ripped up because the appliance not-repairman left the icemaker connection just loose enough to drip, drip, drip undetected until we returned from an all-day trip and walked in to squish, squish, squish rather than click, click, click on the hardwood flooring.

On the bright side, and there's usually a bright side, right?, we are closer to getting our Montana back. Keystone stepped in, and things started happening. Our dealer's service rep, a new one--the 3rd or 4th in less than a year, by my count--has been on the ball, too. I can live through most anything if people just level with me instead of placing blame anywhere and everywhere except where it belongs.

Ozz, you guys travel--you can come be our neighbors for a visit! We have a 50-amp hookup and water, and the price is right: FREE.

We'll be at the 7 Feathers Rally, too, so if you get to it, I'm sure I'll have a lot of stories to share!
Carolyn
Old 02-24-2009, 06:58 PM   #66
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Carolyn, friends of ours had the ref/water line problem also. To the small price of 35,000.00 paid by the homeowners ins policy. Why so much?
Wrong time of year, and they were on a semi-retirement vacation, 6mo away from home. Mold and all the bad things add up real quick. Congrads in just a few dollars so far.
Good Luck
Chuck
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:23 AM   #67
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I will Google Dillon Montana. We won't be hitting the road for a while, but Montana is on my short list.
(Note the Longhorns on the back of my truck.) We love Austin and the Hill Country, but will have to hit the Power ball if we want to move there...
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:29 PM   #68
Scottyscott
Established Member

M.O.C. #8683
You might ask Keystone if they will allow a "mobile repair" department fix your rig. My brother had problems with his slide out leaking in another keystone product, they allowed a mobile guy to repair the unit. Didn't cost him (my brother) a dime.
Scottyscott is offline   Reply With Quote