Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Out of Montana and into Wyoming

Montana was a awesome place, would really like to spend a month exploring just the state. We did Custer battlefield yesterday and stayed at a great Campground in Garryowen. the 7th Ranch Camp. It is actually right adjacent to the Reno/Benteen memorial site. The battlefield is 5 miles long, and the grave markers are scattered all along the route. Anyway the CG is very clean and level and pretty. We highly recommend a stop there if you do the Battlefield visit. We are in Gillette WY tonight and take it from me that unless you are going to the Escapees or FMCA rally at the CAMPLEX bypass the place. The CG we are at is Crazy Woman CG and it is tight, hilly,and has lots of low trees. We might be able to get out tomorrow without shattering our shower skylight, but I doubt it. The sites are far from level and on our site unless you pull way forward and use 3 2x10s for leveling the right side you will need a second 30 ft 50 amp cord. The neighbor loaned us his 25 footer and I was still 3 ft short. The power is past the front of the rig next to the back door of the truck. UGH! But there is some great news, Don and Wendy Stockman are driving their Monty from Casper to Spearfish SD to spend the weekend with us. Great couple and we havent seen them since 2011 at the Goshen rally. The weekend is looking up..

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Hope you guys have a great weekend!
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #3
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
We stayed at that campground way back in '07 (or was it '06?). Remember wondering who designed that campground. I remember 4X4 posts at the corners of each site (don't ask me why).

I do agree that Spearfish is a heck of a lot better camping than Gillette. But, my favorite is the Elk Creek Resort in Piedmont.
lasater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:32 PM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Dave-- Tell Don and Wendy "Hi!" from us in Omaha and check to see if they are coming to the Central Plains Rally this year! Running joke between us! See you guys in the few days!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:10 AM   #5
Rainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13378
Send a message via MSN to Rainer
In 1969 after having worked the summer in Yellowstone, I was bringing a girl I met there home to meet mom and dad. On our way back to South Dakota I decided I wanted to see the Custer battlefield.

Shortly after we entered the site, a group of about 100 soldiers were seen riding off in the distance. We looked at each other in disbelief thinking that we'd seen an apparition. We chocked it up to a hallucination after having driven too far in the heat, and promised not to tell anyone what we saw.

Driving a bit further, all of a sudden we saw about 500 Indians coming over a rise at a full gallop. Now we were really concerned since we weren't dreaming because both of us saw the exact same thing. She suggested it was a reenactment, but I said that it would be sacrilegious to do the massacre several times a day.

Again we agreed no to tell anyone what we'd seen because folks would think we're crazy.

So we drove a little further and miraculously found ourselves on the movie set of "The Little Big Man" starring Dustin Hoffman and Faye Dunaway! That explained everything!

Oh, and that girl that I brought home? She's been my wife for over 40 years!

Grammatical errors corrected.
Rainer is offline   Reply With Quote