Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2009, 06:55 PM   #1
MuddyPaws
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2277
Graphics

I noticed that at least hald of the graphics on my 2955 are peeling, the ones that spend the most time in the sun are pretty bad.

Just curious here. What would a full set of graphics cost?

MuddyPaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:25 PM   #2
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Early last year, I shopped around and got quotes for a complete set of graphics from a few RV dealers and they ran $800 to $1200.

I also tried Keystone and they won't sell a complete set.

The manufacturer (Burlington Graphics) of the decals sold me a new complete set for $280.

All quotes are for decals only and do not include removing the old decals or putting on the new ones. You need to do that yourself or find a place that will do it for you.
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:29 PM   #3
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
I think if you get a new set of graffics it will be from Keystone, the sad part is if you spend all that money on new decals will they peel like the first set, I believe they will. I have checked into having some graffics painted on my 2980RL and that looks like the direction I will head and it wont be any free advertising either. I have exhosted my efforts talking to Keystone's Charles A Wade through communications and sending a CD with pictures as instructed by him in person and got no where, just passed on to another voice in the loop.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:07 PM   #4
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
I`am also in need of new graphics.I have called, e-mailed "Burlington Graphics" a number of times with no answer to either method.I guess they don`t want or need my bussiness.Their loss as I see it.My plan is to remove the old ones that are badly chiped and pealing,and replace them with other Graphics that have nothing to do with the Montana look.At this time I`am not even certain that I will replace the Montana logo.It will be a different look thats for sure.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:38 AM   #5
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Harleyrider,

I am sorry that Burlington has not responded in a more positive manner. They were 'Johnny on the spot" when we were working with them a couple of years ago. Too bad. Their product seems to be a good one. The graphics we received and installed were certainly Heavy Duty type stuff.

I did not expect that Keystone would be able to help. The unit is simply too old for them to have any replacements. But sure thought Burlington would come through for you since we'd had such good luck with them.

If you don't go with the decals I'd really think about doing or getting a good paint job. It would be more expensive but would probably last much better and you could get it exactly the way you want.

If you are near the MX border you might consider having it done down there. When we were in MX a few years back there was a class A in the park getting a new paint scheme. They worked on it for several days and it looked good. I have no idea what they charged but it generally is more reasonable than what you find in the states.
Good luck,

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:58 AM   #6
Clyde n Deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3477
Muddypaws: I have the same exact coach as you. At the end of last season I contacted Keystone. I told them I had an issue with the front cap decals peeling badly and some of the side decals shrinking. I asked what my options were. She had me send my serial # and 2 photos of the troublesome decals. I later received 4 boxes of decals via UPS. Every decal for the whole coach. No charge. It can't hurt to ask.
Clyde n Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:28 PM   #7
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
We noticed yesterday that the word MONTANA on each side of our trailer has cracked. The big graphics on the sides and ends of the trailer are fine. Weird . . . the words cracked but nothing else did.

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:15 PM   #8
mobrownies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #886
I think I have discovered the key to keeping your graphics looking like new:

1. Don't use petroleum based products on graphics.
2. Don't use non-petroleum based products on graphics.
3. Don't expose graphics to direct sun light.
4. Don't expose graphics to wind speeds over 30 mph.

Good luck...
mobrownies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:27 PM   #9
1Happycamper
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6880
mobrownies, you just might have something there.

Bill
1Happycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:45 PM   #10
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
My trailer is a 2007 and the front cap "Montana" is peeling off. I am just 4 months out of warranty. If the dealer won't replace the graphics then I am going to peel all of them off. They won't budge when we purchase these trailers. Why should I budge when I want them to stand behind their product?
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:27 AM   #11
Clyde n Deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3477
Okie: The dealer couldn't begin to replace the graphics without approval from Keystone. I'd go straight to the source. If you approach it fairly, they should cooperate. Probably not with installation, but with the graphics.
That was my experience anyway. I was 2 1/2 years out of warranty. Good luck.
Clyde n Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:07 PM   #12
Rescue 1
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6113
Ok to further this debate about graphics...

When someone receives a new set from Burlington, are they pealing the same as the ones from the factory? Seems kinda pointless to replace them if they are just going to peel again. Our 3670 has a combination of problems, peeling graphics, crappy application of some replacements, and just tired of the old style. We're considering switching to a set that would be like the 07 model year. We don't wanna spend the time and money if they are gonna peel in a couple years....
Rescue 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:30 PM   #13
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Rescue 1,
It's kinda early for us to tell if the new ones are going to work out or not since we have only had them on since the end of January of this year. Check with this time next year and we'll have a little better idea.

The decals did seem very robust so I'm hoping they are heavy duty and will last longer then the first ones.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:20 AM   #14
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rescue 1

Ok to further this debate about graphics...

When someone receives a new set from Burlington, are they pealing the same as the ones from the factory? Seems kinda pointless to replace them if they are just going to peel again. Our 3670 has a combination of problems, peeling graphics, crappy application of some replacements, and just tired of the old style. We're considering switching to a set that would be like the 07 model year. We don't wanna spend the time and money if they are gonna peel in a couple years....
When I was communicating with Keystone and asked them this same question, they skirted around the answer saying that they will be the deacals for my year trailer,
The thing that realy angered me about how Keystone handeled the decal issue with me is, I put a realy lot of time and pictures with written letters nothing agressive either just simple english, and all I received from them was "In a gesture of good faith we'll send you the decal for the front cap" what happened to the rest of the trailer? I gave up, I'll get something painted on the Monty when I remove all the decals, a few at a time.
Some have been lucky in getting a complete set of decals, but the question still remains, when will they start to peel again.
I have had many other RV's in my lifetime, and never had a peeling problem, faiding maybe but thats it, many power washes too for the other RV's and no peeling.
Keystone needs to get a graffics vendor that uses good vinal and glue that sticks.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:15 AM   #15
robb
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6238
We have a 2007 3400RL have the same problems with the decals
robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:45 PM   #16
Rescue 1
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6113
I don't want to go through the process of replacing them one at a time. So I thought I would just do all of them at once, and in the process update the looks of the Monty. However if the new decals from Burlington are going to do the same thing as the others I'll just spend the same money and buy a custom set.
Rescue 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:13 PM   #17
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
There are only so many manufacturers of graphic materials so there is no guarantee that the custom graphics won't have the same problem.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:14 PM   #18
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
www.dontdriveugly.com is where I got mine for my TV. It seems that going back to the same company that makes the peeling graphics is like doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. I think they call that something...
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:47 PM   #19
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 8.1al

There are only so many manufacturers of graphic materials so there is no guarantee that the custom graphics won't have the same problem.
I agree! thats why Im looking at a painted on graffics that won't peel, blister, or roll up on the edges.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:55 PM   #20
2 for Him
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7383
Some of ours have almost shrunk to nothing, some smaller amounts and some not at all.
Has anybody just removed them all? None of our other vehicles other than RVs have had them and they looked OK.
Wish I could talk the DW into painting some of her FABULOUS landscapes of mountains and deserts on it, but she says her artists oils won't last. Might try contacting Keystone if i can locate the contact info in the paperwork.
Really would like them replaced by our yearly 3 mo. trip in June.
2 for Him is offline   Reply With Quote