Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2006, 03:56 PM   #1
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Greater Denver CO Warranty and Service Suggestions

We have read the Repairs & Service section of the forum very carefully and are distressed about things we have heard about several dealers along the Front Range. Our question to MOC residents of Colorado's Front Range is simply this--who would you recommend as a reputable place to take a loved and only slightly aging Montana for service or warranty work? Given the number of tourists who visit Denver and the Rockies, this should prove to be quite valuable information. We will certainly be grateful to have it before we head out that way. Thanks in advance. Bill and Pat

Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:10 PM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Bill and Pat,

Given the choices on the eastern slope (Denver), I would go with DelCamino RV in Longmont. They are full service Montana. There are other options for generic Keystone issues including Steve Casey's RV (Mountaineer) in Wheatridge. Denver also has a whole host of repair shops for Dometic, Cummins(Onan), or other equipment specific problems.

By the way - Colorado Welcomes you

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:32 PM   #3
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
I know there was a problem with a fellow MOCer having something broken into at Del Camino but I agree with Brad, on the Front Range they are the best that I've found. I wish there were more choices but there aren't many. There is one on the Western Slope in Grand Junction but I don't have and experience with them, and there is also one in Durango that Brad just bought his new unit from, but again, no experience with them either.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:19 AM   #4
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We always took our Monty to Del Camino but they couldn't find anything wrong with our bad main AC. I finally got a Durtherm repair person to check it out and he is the one that got Dometic to replace it and it works great! Same with our fridge. It quit when we got back from IN. He also worked with Dometic with that. If you ever need him I can give you his name and phone number. He lives in Wheatridge.
We had to take the Monty over there to have both things installed but not on same day.
Don't get that durtherm man in Parker, CO.!!!

Also camping world is good to take for repairs. That is probably where we will take ours for major repair. Or we will take it to Jack Sisemore in Amarillo TX where we bought our Monty.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:57 AM   #5
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Thanks for the words of advice. We will need to have this info handy when we head out that way in the spring. Next question--where is a good place to store the rig short term ????. We have kids in Parker and Highlands Ranch. Will be spending time with them. Fortunately they have room for us and the dog! Unfortunately, their HOA's will not allow us to park the rig in front of their homes and we'd rather not pay campsite prices when we won't be in the rig. Golden is a bit of a haul and Cherry Creek may not be open. What about Chatfield? You understand the dilemma I'm sure! Any more advice?? Thanks!!!!
Old 11-14-2006, 09:20 AM   #6
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
When are you coming this way? How long would you need to park it? We live 12 miles from Parker in a rural area. Paved road all way here. You could park it here. We have 5 acres to park it on. We have our Monty here and a friends 5th wheel.
Only draw back is we are putting our property back on market for sale next March. Don't know if it will sell any better than this year because of the terrible house market here. We may have to keep this place for a couple of years or so. But we are not going to give it away.

Our neigbors on one side of us would probably let you leave it there, if our house sells quickly but don't think we have to worry about selling quickly. We can ask them. Very nice people.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:22 AM   #7
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Know what you mean about the HOA!

If no luck with Dusty and Don, ours is (will be) parked over by Chatfield off Santa Fe. There are 3-4 lots there. Short term is just based on what they have open at the time. Feel free to call Centennial - Greg (303) 798-4440 in the spring to see what he has.

Brad
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:26 PM   #8
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Dusty and Don--as we have maintained all along--there is no friend like a Montana friend--even if you have never met!! Look for a PM from us tonight. Brad--thanks for the fall back solution as we want to be sure that we don't impede the sale of Dusty and Don's home. Perhaps we should have a mini-rally (ie lunch or dinner together) when we finally get out there. Thanks so much!
Old 11-15-2006, 06:47 AM   #9
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
That would be great.

Don't worry about hurting sale of our property. No HOA here. This is a rural area. We don't think anything is going to make this property sell next year or next. Not until the housing market improves here and don't expect that for a couple of years.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:51 PM   #10
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Dusty,

See how you are, you don't offer a fellow Coloradian (is that correct???) a place to store his Monty but some "stranger" comes along and it's "no problem".

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:58 PM   #11
Russ and Sandy
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #561
We bought ours form Del Camino RV (Mike Gabba was the salesman). We had a few issues right after delivery but all were handled to our satisfaction - except the phone didn't work. Since Keystone has no wiring diagrams, they were at a loss as to what to do. I fixed it myself by luckily finding that two of the 4 wires were not shorted and I just swapped them out. Corky said he'd hire me to debug! We have only used the phone once, but have found some need for modem connections.
Russ and Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 04:06 PM   #12
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Awww shuckins--don't be too hard on her--we only need to get off the HOA roads for a couple of days. We'll hardly even squash down the grass so's you'd notice. Just gotta visit our four native Coloradan grandbabies!!! Do we get any points for having three kids who graduated from CO schools?? GO BUFFS! Any points for having properly maintained our portion of the Farmer's Ditch when we lived up north? Any points for remembering when C-470 was a (GASP!) shortcut to the Springs and you paid tolls on the road to Boulder? Come on up to the mini rally and we'll buy you guys a cup of coffee or a beer and hopefully we won't stay strangers!!
Old 11-15-2006, 04:11 PM   #13
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Thanks Russ and Sandy. Appreciate hearing your experience too. Guess we could wind up with a nice mini rally if we work it right.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:40 PM   #14
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Awwwwwww Mac you can park your Monty here too!

We have our Monty and a Dutchman stored here that belong to some friends of ours. 5 acres so plenty of room.

Mac and bowie...are you all going to the MOC "get together" in Branson next May? We will be there. Try to make it!