Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GIRLS gone MOC > What's cooking?
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
countrygirl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2831
Fresh Strawberry Pie

Fresh Strawberry Pie
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
1 baked 9 inch pie shell

Mix by hand the condensed milk, whipped topping, lemon juice and strawberries. Pour into pie shell and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.

The strawberries are in season and this is a delicious dessert to make for your Easter dessert or for anytime...Hope that you will make it and enjoy!

Countrygirl or Shirley

countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Country girl; you’re about to make me drool… That really sounds good! That’s one of my most favorite desserts.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
countrygirl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2831
GReat! You gotta make it!! This is such an easy recipe and it is so good for this time of the year...I just bought 2 big containers of strawberries yesterday...hoping to make it this weekend. glad to hear from you Donna.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #4
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by countrygirl

GReat! You gotta make it!! This is such an easy recipe and it is so good for this time of the year...I just bought 2 big containers of strawberries yesterday...hoping to make it this weekend. glad to hear from you Donna.

This is Bill, maybe I can talk the D/W into making one!
Bill-N-Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:40 AM   #5
countrygirl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2831
Yeah Bill, you gotta do that!
Shirley
Old 03-28-2012, 06:09 AM   #6
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Heck, I am handy enough for this one, and may not even bother the wife. I just hope I remember to bake the pie shell BEFORE putting in the filling.

Do you think a ready made, no bake crust (graham cracker or chocolate style) would be good enough and make it even less difficult for this kitchen fool?

This sounds quite good and looks easy. I'll probably slice up some additional strawberries for the top. You can't have too many fresh strawberries, I say.

Strawberries are in season here, too!

Thanks for the recipe, Countrygirl!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:25 AM   #7
countrygirl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2831
Hey Art! Yes you can use the graham cracker crust...I have done it that way most of the time and it is very good...and slicing those strawberries for the top just makes it even better...i know that it will turn out very good.
Countrygirl or Shirley
Old 03-28-2012, 11:41 AM   #8
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
How many lemons will be enough to make a half cup? I'm used to just squeezing a little into a recipe, and not used to measuring. However, for this recipe, I will measure. This sounds delish!!! Thank you.

Nita
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #9
countrygirl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2831
HI Nita, I have to confess that I usually use Realemon...I keep a bottle all the time in the frig. just in case I want to make something special...but, of course fresh lemon juice is nice to add to a recipe. I am not sure just how many lemons for a half cup..but, i wouldn't think it would take more than one or two. Just a guess...
sorry that i cannot be more exact. Good luck with making the pie!
Shirley or Countrygirl
Old 03-31-2012, 06:40 PM   #10
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I think two large lemons will get you real close but you might need another half a lemon if you sieve the pulp - don't forget to remove the seeds. If the lemons are small you might need as many as four. Also don't forget to roll the lemons to get the "juices flowing". We like Realemon but my first attempt will be real lemons, per my wife's recommendation since the strawberries are fresh, too.

WOW! Was that good. Like strawberry ice cream without the brain freeze! Thanks CountryGirl!

I'm gonna do other berries and maybe add some bananas on the bottom. This is gonna great for the upcoming HOT summer. The grandkids are gonna love me!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:47 AM   #11
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
I think I will take Countrygirl's recommendation and use the realemon. I almost always have that on hand. It sure does sound delishous! Unfortunately our fresh strawberries here in NY don't get here til June, and I might not wait that long.
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #12
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Not only does it sound good it is very very good as a matter of fact I am setting here eating a pc that the DW made today. "THANK YOU COUNTRYGIRL".
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #13
countrygirl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2831
Hi Bobby, so glad that you are enjoying the strawberry pie...It is great to find a recipe so simple that is so very delicious! It is a good one for any time...and you can change it up with different kinds of berries, such as blueberries or even bananas. I always say that one can experiment with recipes and you might even come up with something that you like better...let us know if you do. I would love to hear about it.
Countrygirl or shirley