Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #21
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
Yeah I have had older trailers with front graphics and don't remember them peeling. And the numbers and stripes on our fire trucks never came off and they go really fast lol lol

steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:31 AM   #22
Flymutt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12223
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by clarkandsheila

I have an early 2008. The graphics, mountain, started peeling the next year. I have removed the mountain and when the name gets a bit dodgier that will go too. I'm not buying new decals as they sound like they don't last either.

There is no reason for it except Keystone used foolishly [stupid] cheap material. I have decals on my boat that are over 15 yrs old and still look good except where they have been physically damaged so good decal material is available.

They would have been smarter to use less coverage but better material.

However, overall I'm happy with my trailer. It's not perfect but it does the job. Just to bad Keystone doesn't take more pride in their product.

And yes the side decals are showing signs of peeling also. They are just slower to peel than the cap since they do get less sun.

You obviously don't drive your boat over 65 mph
Flymutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #23
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by steelpony5555

Went to the San Antonio RV show today. First of all love the new 3900 and the blue led's on the front are awesome. But was talking with another person bout Montana's and factory rep over heard us talking about the front graphics. He claims they come off because of driving down the hwy at 65 mph???? But anyways he claims they are still sending out graphics at no charge, just $450 to install them. Says he knows they just sent a set out the other day. Oh well just thought I would let y'all know what he said, but dang I love them blue led's on the front end.....lol lol Don't think Momma will let me trade for blue led's though.....Oh he did say after 08-09 they should not peel because the front has clear coat on it.....
Steelpony5555,
I assume you could actually see his tongue in his cheek when he was talking about the speed. HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #24
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
LOL LOL yeah, I could have really unloaded on the guy but didn`t want to scare the couple off that was looking to buy a Montana. I did enjoy watching him squirm though. I did tell the couple, even with the graphics and the cheap tires that Montana is one of the better rigs in it`s price range. Yes you can buy a better made trailer but it`s gonna cost you $20k more. They were very interested in the 3900, heck I was too, dang I loved that bathroom lol lol.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #25
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
Bigskyjimmy, my 08 spent most of its first 4 years in Lynden, Wa, about 4 miles from the Canadian border, shaded from direct sun and still peeled the front. As I trim off the peeled edges I will soon have a molehill instead of a mountain. Will that make it a Moletana instead of a Montana?
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:05 AM   #26
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
I'm with the "if they can do it, then why can't Montana do it?" group. We see many boats down here that are decal-wrapped (guess that's the term for it). Some are full-boat graphics, some are front and partial-sides only, and some are just graphics of fish, etc. Those boats are run in salt-water 100% of the time, and when they're not in the water. they're hanging in the marina and exposed to the high winds, salty air, and other weather elements. We've talked to several boat owners who have those graphics on their boats, and every one of them said that unless they scrape the boat against something hard, or hit something in the water, the graphics hold up very well for years.

So, why can't Keystone use the same type of graphics? Perhaps they cost more initially, but we would have MUCH preferred getting graphics that didn't peel, even if they cost a bit more, rather than having to pay to redo the graphics twice. They're peeling badly again,but we will not have them redone a third time.

Carolyn
2007 Montana, 3585SA model
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:34 AM   #27
rapidrobert
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6534
Guess I'm lucky, have a 2004 2880 RL which was made in September of 2003 and all decals are still in good shape.
rapidrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #28
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
LOL GRANMPACHET I like it "MOLETANA"
Old 01-09-2013, 12:22 AM   #29
PatnRich
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1250
If those Marathons are speed rated for 65mph why not the graphics?
PatnRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:37 AM   #30
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
Anyone know if the graphics company makes graphics for marine use. If they do I would like to see what happens to those graphics. It may be cheaper to put Coors beer graphics on the front cap would still have the mountains and maybe get free beer for the advertising and the graphics would stay on.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:44 AM   #31
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
Now we're talking,,free beer for graphics lol lol
Old 01-09-2013, 02:11 AM   #32
fauch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11342
We have been talking about replacing the front and rear cap graphics on our 2007 with something of our own design. When i told my wife that i would hate to spend all that money just to have the UV light destroy it, she said, well the wrap on the delivery van is four years old and still looks like the day it was installed. She has a full body wrap on the bakery van that stays in the sun and often gets exposed to love bugs, wind and rain at 70+ mph.

She called the local graphics company that created and installed the wrap and asked them what brand material they used. 3M was the answer. The wrap NEVER gets waxed per the installer. we use a vinyl restoration treatment made by Turtle wax. They had given her a bottle of this stuff when they installed the wrap. We now use this on the trailer graphics. They also warned about carwash soap that contains wax. I quit using RV wash/wax.

After reading through this thread, i looked for boat grahpics on the internet. It seems that 3M is common with the companies that make boat graphics. What we will probably do is get the same shop that did the van to make something for the camper. Here is a boat graphics company's website:
http://wakegraphics.com/
fauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #33
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
We like fauch's idea. We have had most of our 2009 graphics replaced. Next time, I think we'll put an image of Kat on the front cap. At least we would get inquiries...
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:52 AM   #34
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by snfexpress

We like fauch's idea. We have had most of our 2009 graphics replaced. Next time, I think we'll put an image of Kat on the front cap. At least we would get inquiries...
Woof!
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #35
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote