Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2003, 03:05 PM   #1
Montana_512
Established Member

M.O.C. #512
First Trip

We finally graduated from tent camping to a 2004 Montana 2955RL. Decided to spend the kids inheretance and have a good time. ... We now have two outings under our belt to do a shake down and make a list for the dealer. ... This doesn't include the overnight stay in the Walmart parking lot where they got a little testy when I accidentally discharged some black water in on the asphalt. .. I thought they were going to call in the Toxic Spill Emergency Response Team. ... I think I have been banned from Walmart camping for ever. Most of the problems we had were minor, bathroom door wont stay closed during transit, facing coming off of the bottom left side main slide causing carpet to curl up, total loss of power from main power recptical to distribution panel, fluid level gages in all tanks not working properly,excessive viabration from AC,BUT, ... all of these problems were corrected by the dealer Dandy RV here in B'ham in one day and I am extremely pleased with my Montana. .. We are planning a trip to the Gulf Islands National Park the first week in October for our first trip where we will have to use the waste water cady. ... I believe in RV-ing in small incriments, .. that is a little farther and a little more deprivity as we go along. ... The thing that gives me nightmares is finding deisel on the road in a station where I have manuvering room. I am so insecure at the moment that after I fill up I immediately start looking for a new station. ... Does anyone know where I can find a listing of truckstops around the country? ... Anyway so much for that. .. Margaret and I hope to run into some of you Board members in the future where we can discuss our adventures in person. ... Hop and Margaret .. Relichunter

2002 F-250 Powerstroke
2004 Montana 2955RL
Reese 16K Kwik Side
Prodigy Brake Control
Ham Call K4TQR - KD4AGU

Montana_512 is offline   Reply With Quote