Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2013, 05:38 AM   #1
Capt Jim

M.O.C. #12942
Changing out furniture on new 3750fl

We are working with our local dealer to buy a new 3750fl. They have been mostly helpful and informative and after researching extensively they are offering a very good price. They seem unwilling, however, to check on simple things like delete and add possibilities that aren't in the order form. I would like to delete the sleeper sofa and replace it with 1 or 2 euro recliners which I will purchase and install. Maybe someone on this board has experience with this.
Is this possible, reasonable? Will the factory capet the space of the deleted sofa? Is there room on the slide for this style chair?
Any help would be appreciated. We are not new to RVing, but we have never bought new before.

Capt Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:44 AM   #2
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Capt Jim

We are working with our local dealer to buy a new 3750fl. They have been mostly helpful and informative and after researching extensively they are offering a very good price. They seem unwilling, however, to check on simple things like delete and add possibilities that aren't in the order form. I would like to delete the sleeper sofa and replace it with 1 or 2 euro recliners which I will purchase and install. Maybe someone on this board has experience with this.
Is this possible, reasonable? Will the factory capet the space of the deleted sofa? Is there room on the slide for this style chair?
Any help would be appreciated. We are not new to RVing, but we have never bought new before.
Hi Capt Jim,

This has been an issue with the 3750FL. The sofas do not sit flush on the floor in our floorplan. There is a built-up structure underneath them for components and/or wiring so the chair idea really won't work on the front living room. I have an early 2013 and it is still this way. Now the slides are supposed to be different - taller I think, so maybe it will be possible. Hopefully someone will know if the sofas are still built up on the foundations for the later 2013's. About the only thing you could do to try and get one recliner in, is to delete the L-sofa and get the regular sofa (which is an option), then you could put a recliner where the "L" used to be. We did this to open up the room a bit more, but did not put in the extra chair. As far as modifications or deletes, we ran into the same thing. They just wouldn't do things at the factory level because any deviation would cost them too much to have to track and have all these "different" units going down the line.

seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:11 AM   #3
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Keystone is generally unwilling to entertain any changes from standard production
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote