Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2006, 07:42 PM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Furlough

The first thing you notice upon returning to the States after a year in Hong Kong is the size of the American people. Huge in comparison. Dianna and I sometimes feel like giants over here, but felt very normal in Texas.

Our eleventh grand child tried hard to be born while we were home, but to no avail. She just gave mom alot of false alarms, so we are still waiting. We did get acquanted with the tenth, a beautiful seven month old, born while we were in Hong Kong. Little Madeline seemed to enjoy pulling on grandpa's beard and smiling with pleasure.

Monty was in really good shape after a year of setting unused. Had a scare though. Tried to run the slides out. The bedroom slide opened and then all stopped. Nothing would move, lights dimmed, and grunting noises occurred. Fear and imagination began to work. Plugged in the 50 AMP anaconda -- still no movement. AArrrgggg!!!! Cash register began to ring in my head.

As it turned out, all I had to do was connect the battery. The slides won't operate without the battery being connected. Blood pressure down, slides worked perfectly. The A/C units cranked right up and cooled Monty down quickly. The Ford ran like a top. I put about a thousand miles on it and got 21-22 mpg on the road w/o the Monty.

The crickets, crows, and silences were coveted luxuries enjoyed at our home base site. Noise is always present in Hong Kong. We will be glad to return home sometime this year to fulltiming.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:46 PM   #2
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
I commend you for the work you are doing over there and am glad to hear the Monty and TV were still up to the task while you were home. I always enjoy your post and look forward to meeting you someday.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 04:25 PM   #3
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Stiles, thanks for your update-always good to hear from you neat guys.

Northstar
Walter & Lucie and Coco and Pepper the taco bell dogs
Palmer, Alaska
Fulltiming since Mar '05
2005 Montana 3685FL
2005 Ford F350 King Ranch, 6.0PSD, CC, 4X4, LB, 4.10, DRW, 2a/c,W/D and TrailAir Pinbox
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:43 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Always glad to here here from and to know you got back to Hong Kong AOK and like Fordzilla we too are waiting for that first face to face. Take Care.

Glenn
Montana Owners Home Page
RV Related Links

Glenn and Lorraine
M O C - 4 2 0
We are using a 2005 White GMC Sierra SLE 2500HD Extended Cab, Short Bed, 4X4
with the Duramax/Allison Combo and Firestone Ride-Rite air bags
to drag around our 2004 Montana 2955RL 32'
using a PullRite 16K SuperGlide Automatic Sliding Hitch

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us!"

You know you are retired when you wake up in the morning with
nothing to do and go to bed at night with it only half done.

BUT, Keep in mind, doing nothing can be a very
tiresome job because you can't stop to rest

Click on the Flags for the Forecast
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote