Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2018, 09:02 PM   #41
shovelhead86
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10985
2018 3791 rd

We purchased our 3791 RD in Jan 2018. We are all time and have gone from Fl to Maine to Mn and now in TX.
We simply love it. I did replace toilet for a Dometic. replaced thermostat face plates. Dometic sent them for free. I changed the breaker coming off the batteries to a 80 amp breaker furnace and AC have worked well. DW and I are happy campers.

shovelhead86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 09:05 PM   #42
Joe Hollars
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22879
Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelhead86 View Post
We purchased our 3791 RD in Jan 2018. We are all time and have gone from Fl to Maine to Mn and now in TX.
We simply love it. I did replace toilet for a Dometic. replaced thermostat face plates. Dometic sent them for free. I changed the breaker coming off the batteries to a 80 amp breaker furnace and AC have worked well. DW and I are happy campers.
Thank you. Ours should be here in another week or so. We have looked and researched hundreds. This is the one we chose. If it is 1/2 as good as our Cameo then we will be satisfied.
Joe Hollars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 09:59 AM   #43
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
Just for comparison purposes of course, should look at the Grand Design Solitude 380 FL, r 380FL-R, saw this at the Hershey show very nice a real 2 person main bath with another 1/2 bath, same length about same weight and price.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 07:00 PM   #44
BillnLonda
Established Member

M.O.C. #23085
Quote:
Originally Posted by awheeler View Post
We have the 2017 3791RD and we love it. Almost too much storage underneath as the unit can become too heavy. We added Boos Block butcher block "shelves" on each end of the island (sink) that fold down. This added a great deal of work place for preparing meals. We do not often camp in really cold weather, but we do have two additional small electric fireplace type stoves that do keep the chill off when we are in a cold climate. As far as the air conditioners - no problem as yet. We are both accustom to hot weather and we like the house a bit on the warm side.

As far as the floorplan - we both really like the fact that we can each have our own space. The floorplan is much more like a home with separate rooms. When in the den it feels like a real den and is extremely comfortable. We ARE planning to remove one of the sofas and put in a desk and work station as DW teaches online and really needs an office area.

We also love the residential fridge. It is just one more feature that makes the unit a real home and for us this is our home.

Feel free to ask any questions. We have had a couple of issues - hot water heater was the main one - but nothing that cannot be repaired - at least not yet.
I noticed you posted this awhile back. Were you able to replace a sofa with a desk.
BillnLonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 09:22 AM   #45
D&A

M.O.C. #23091
issue with water leaking behind Microvave

Hi every one, I just bought a new 2019 Montana 3791RD. Love it took it out for the first time. Rain storm introduced us to a leak coming down behind microwave. I looked at the exhaust vent thinking the caulking might be bad, its fine. has anybody had this problem?
D&A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:53 PM   #46
Joe Hollars
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22879
Our new 3791RD has arrived. The dealer was doing PDI today. We will be the proud owners Sat morning!
Old 12-17-2018, 12:45 PM   #47
Mont77
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hollars View Post
Our new 3791RD has arrived. The dealer was doing PDI today. We will be the proud owners Sat morning!
Congrats!!!! I am sure you will love it. We love ours. So much room and I love the layout.
Mont77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 12:18 PM   #48
Castner's
Established Member

M.O.C. #19693
We have a 2017 3791 RD and really like the storage it has. the 2019 has a pull out tray in the back which ours does not. You need to ask about the roller for the pivot door for the bathroom. It doers not hold up for very long as after about three months time, the threads will strip out and the door will drop. it is the same roller used for the two closet doors, they are fine. The other problem is that they use a nail gun to attach the panels in the pass through storage which after a while will work their way out. I put in self taping screws. Also, make sure your unit comes with two batteries, as anything less will not allow the refrigerator to work while traveling. Also, check and make sure the strap around the refrigerator is properly anchored to the wall.
Castner's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 12:26 PM   #49
Joe Hollars
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22879
Thanks Castnr's
Our first camping trip will be in 2 weeks. Looking forward to it for sure!
Joe
Old 01-15-2019, 01:47 PM   #50
D&A

M.O.C. #23091
Thanks Castnr's.
I wondered about the Batteries. They only gave me one. I will be inquiring. The leak behind the microwave ended up being the refrigerator vent on the roof. I will be looking into the other items as well. Other than a few minor items so far, we love it. Safe travels, happy camping.
D&A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 09:27 AM   #51
Castner's
Established Member

M.O.C. #19693
Hopefully everything is working fine. We are snowbirds and are due to leave October 28th, 2019 for Florida. We just found that the left side (Non-Door Side) just below our slide out where they have the stress relieving point is bad. I saw when hooked up to the tow vehicle, the fiberglass side was separating from the trim and there was a slight bulge at the stress point they had put in. Found out there is a broken frame section there that has been breaking which runs along side of the bedroom slide out. The dealer said they have fixed six already this year and the last one was exactly like ours. Only thing now is that Keystone has altered the way they have dealers check this and I have to take it back to the dealers to have pictures taken, stress test done and measurements from the pin box to the landing gear in front. Dealer said it will take about three days to fix it correctly. We are hoping that we do not get way laid heading to Florida! The unit is one year past warranty, but it appears that Keystone is going to cover it due to it being a frame problem which has happened prior in other units!
Castner's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 11:48 AM   #52
Joe Hollars
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castner's View Post
Hopefully everything is working fine. We are snowbirds and are due to leave October 28th, 2019 for Florida. We just found that the left side (Non-Door Side) just below our slide out where they have the stress relieving point is bad. I saw when hooked up to the tow vehicle, the fiberglass side was separating from the trim and there was a slight bulge at the stress point they had put in. Found out there is a broken frame section there that has been breaking which runs along side of the bedroom slide out. The dealer said they have fixed six already this year and the last one was exactly like ours. Only thing now is that Keystone has altered the way they have dealers check this and I have to take it back to the dealers to have pictures taken, stress test done and measurements from the pin box to the landing gear in front. Dealer said it will take about three days to fix it correctly. We are hoping that we do not get way laid heading to Florida! The unit is one year past warranty, but it appears that Keystone is going to cover it due to it being a frame problem which has happened prior in other units!

We are loving ours. We have been out 6-7 times since we got it. A few small bugs worked out. Things are rolling smooth. We are planing on gong to the Montana Rally in 1 1/2 weeks.
I hope everything works out for the good for you. Be safe.
Joe
Old 09-06-2019, 09:26 AM   #53
shovelhead86
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10985
Yes , one time when the wind was just right. I think it came in the vent as I did not see any caulking problems. It has not done it since even when traveling in a rainstorm. Just keep an eye on it.
shovelhead86 is offline   Reply With Quote