Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2008, 05:31 PM   #1
grooving grandpa
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8250
Rest Stops overnighting

There are some states that allow overnighting at rest stops, not necessarily all rest stops. Is there a web page that this information can be found. I think Florida is one and they also have 24 hour seurity patrol.

grooving grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:08 PM   #2
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
Here is a web site I found,
http://www.rvadvice.com/travel/AL.html

under each state is a section listed as
"RV Road Laws and Dump Stations" in that link they list the rules for that state.

Bob
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:53 AM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Looks like a neat site, however, I would be a bit careful, maybe call ahead??? I am looking at the copyright dates and the "last updated" dates on these web pages and in just a quick glance the last updated date was 2007. As we all know, there have been many drastic changes in things since then.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:43 AM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I go by the rule of thumb if trucks are parked there and there is no sign indicated "No Overnight Parking," then I'd be good to stay.

If it were to just catch up on a little sleep because I was to tired to drive, I would still pull into a rest area. I would not set up anyhting, but I would try and get some shut-eye.

If I were approached by law enforcement I would tell them that in the interest of safety I had to stop and get some sleep. You may still have to move on, but I really don't think they would give you a ticket or anything unless there was som "attitude" involved.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:57 AM   #5
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
Wayne, I'll agree with you completely on this one. If there are no signs posted stating "No overnight parking" and there are others parked there then I might stop and catch a few "shut eyes"
I don't believe that any reasonable LEO would make you leave if in a respectfull tone you told him/her that you were too tired to continue to drive and for safety reasons you stopped.
Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:43 PM   #6
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Florida does not have 24 hour security at their rest stops. There are a few select rest stops that do have the Florida Highway patrol visible, but not the entire Florida system. Dennis
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote