Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2018, 09:43 PM   #1
mleeder
Established Member

M.O.C. #20360
Bathroom Faucet Squeaky

The hot water faucet in a 2018 3950BR is very load. Went to remove the set screw to remove the handle and there isn’t one. What is there is a plastic plug that doesn’t appear to come out. Any help?

mleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 11:58 PM   #2
Overlord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11202
In my opinion, the factory plumbing fixtures are disposable junk. If I were you, I would go buy a new, cheap residential fixture at Lowes or Home Depot. Even the cheapest one they have will be 100 times better than what Keystone puts in.
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 05:52 AM   #3
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Push on the "plug" with something like a phillips screwdriver, etc while pulling up on the faucet handle and it will come off. No set screws are involved.

After you get the handle off go ahead and remove the entire faucet from the vanity and get one from Lowes, Home Depot, etc to replace it because it is JUNK. I replaced ours with a single handled Moen and it works great (and QUIET). Dispose of original faucet any way you prefer.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 06:46 AM   #4
buspilot
Established Member

M.O.C. #21274
We had the same issue and the dealer replaced the fixture for us under warranty.
buspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 07:29 AM   #5
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Ditto to Overlord and webeflltime. OEM plumbing fixtures are JUNK. Simply replace with big box store (Lowes, HomeDepot) and move on
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 12:24 PM   #6
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
I've been pretty happy with the Dura faucets in our rig. No plastic, all metal and very well made. I replaced the ball parts in one of our vanity faucets, which I think was leaking due to some grit that got in when we didn't have a filter connected. The parts looked exactly like those from a Delta faucet. We full time and all the faucets have held up very well. Parts are available directly from Dura, http://www.durafaucet.com/
The little plastic plug, which is red and blue, will come out using a sharp edged tool like a knife, and then you will find the set screw to remove the handle. Possibly, a little plumbers grease will cure the squeaky handle.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3950br, faucet, squeaky