Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2015, 01:06 PM   #1
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Auto leveling

This is the second time that I have had to manually level the trailer. Obviously both times the rear of the trailer was lower than the front. The first time was quite a bit different and I can understand that. This time did not seem all that bad. I unhooked the truck from the trailer and set out all of the jack pads. Then hit auto level like normal, it started out just like usual dropping the front and then switching to the sides. Then it stopped and cycled out. Tried another time with no luck. Reverted to manual mode(took awhile to remember how) which worked fine. Does anyone know how much the front has to drop to be able to let the auto level work correctly? Seems almost like you have more leeway side to side or with the front lower than the back with this system.

Tom Marty

Old 08-09-2015, 01:28 PM   #2
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
I don't think I ever had that problem, unless the jacks ran out of travel, then had to add dunage
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 01:58 PM   #3
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
My problem has been the opposite. I would have to back the tires onto dunage/blocks to allow the front jacks to retract far enough to allow the auto level to work.

Tom Marty
Old 08-09-2015, 04:33 PM   #4
Bigboomer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12333
You may want to call Lippert to see if they can diagnose the issue. Maybe the system is out of calibration. When we were in Quartzsite this past winter I spoke with their techs as we had a similar issue where the rig was not quite level so they explained how to recalibrate the system. The procedure is on the DVD supplied with the rig when purchased.

Now all is good.

Old 08-09-2015, 04:39 PM   #5
andylparish
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17188
I had that issue once, the site sloped down toward the back of my unit and the front wouldn't drop far enough below level to initiate the auto level. Had to put blocks under trailer tires to slope nose far enough down to do auto level.
Mountain Home, Arkansas
andylparish is offline   Reply With Quote