Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2007, 03:42 PM   #1
mamashappy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7633
LOVE our Mountaineer

from a newbie to the forum: DH and I have had our Mountaineer for a year, a 2004 297RKS, and cant think of any place we would want to be more! Like another MOC member says, a day in your Monty is a day doubly blessed . we sure do enjoy keeping tabs on all of you thru the forum, as well as learning LOTS!

mamashappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:59 PM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Welcome to the forum, hope you have many more blessings coming your way. Enjoy the next years as much as you have the first!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:03 PM   #3
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
I know the feeling. We didn't get to use ours as much as we wanted to this summer. Even though we are retired from our steady jobs we were busy painting houses all summer. It seemed that we just couldn't get away. Now all that will be changing as we are preparing to spend the winter in our Mountaineer. Every day in our 5er is like a day in heaven.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:53 AM   #4
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
We too have a Mountaineer and absolutely love it. We have the 329 RLT. We are both recently retired now and plan to head west and south the first part of October. Ohio winters just aren't very much fun. We don't want to see the first snowflake
fall. Would be fun to meet some of you along the way. We're headed to Branson first.
Sandy
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:01 AM   #5
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
We've got the 303RLD, and we are very happy with the floorplan. I have criticized Keystone quite a bit, but that is about workmanship, not design. We have had several issues, but are to the point of getting most of it corrected.

Ha! I can't imagine a winter north of east TX. Dang, it gets way to cold for me here. We'll be leaving for points south a week from today.

Happy trails.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:35 PM   #6
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Welcome to MOC and the forum. You're going to fit in quite well, I can tell.

Glad to hear you love your Mountaineer. I know if we still had little ones that is what we would have, those bunk houses are great.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:42 PM   #7
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
Well I had a big day today. Got the wheel bearings packed on the quad trailer that we will be towing behind our Mountaineer. I spent the rest of the day servicing the quads and mounting a skid plate and installing some big tires on my Grizzly. The truck gets new shocks on the 20th and on the 24th the truck gets gauges and a lot of service work. Sallie started packing the camper today and arm loads of crafts seemed to disapear into the 5er. The car gets serviced on the 18th because Sallie wants to bring it with us to Az. I guess if we are going to live there for 5 or 6 months the car will be nice to have along. This weekend she is shopping for a new laptop so we can keep in touch with the different forums that we visit. We should be on the road by the first week in October.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 02:45 AM   #8
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
We have the 328RLS and love it. I guess we were lucky as we have had very little workmanship issues. We ordered ours and it come straight from the factory to the dealer and we picked it up immediately. The factory did well or our dealer was better than we thought. We were in Galveston a couple years ago and I was invited into a Montana a few years older than our 05 Mountaineer. As far as trim level they were near the same.
Welcome to the MOC,
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 05:39 AM   #9
1luckylady
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7321
I also can't wait to not see another snowflake. We have another year before we sell the house and pack the Monty to head south. I just dread winter coming more and more every year. But on the up sire we have only stayed in our stick home 2 nights since April 1st. We have been living in the Monty on our river lot since then and just driving to work from there. It's been a wonderful summer for us.
1luckylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:20 AM   #10
mamashappy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7633
well, we did not get away this weekend in our Mountaineer. i had surgery a week ago, and needed to recuperate in the stick house. it gave me a chance to check this site out often tho, and that was fun. I got a chuckle out of your comment on the Mountaineer bunkhouses tho, Patty. Ours is definitely NOT a bunkhouse. DH's favorite quote re our 5ver is that "it sleeps 2" and with empty nest being enjoyed .... we kinda shake our heads at bunkhouses. just not for us at this time . i do think i need to go take a nap in my Mountaineers comfy bed now .... kinda missing it.
mamashappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 03:04 PM   #11
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Welcome to the forum. Glad you enjoy your Mountaineer. Have lots of fun and pack away all the memories.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:33 PM   #12
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Welcome to the forum/family. Don't be affraid to have a campout even if your at the stick house. When I have Monty withdrawl thats what I do.

Happy Travels
Phil
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:19 PM   #13
CRUZIN 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3160
Glad you are enjoying your Mountaineer, do you ever get down to Ponca State Park in Ne? It would be great to meet there some time. We have a Mountaineer also a 344RET and enjoy it very much, we will be leaving for TX the first week of Nov.