Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Pet Palace
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2008, 02:57 PM   #1
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
I've decided I want another dog!

It is simply too quiet in the rig without a dog. And I miss Litte Bit something terrible. I thought about another chihuahua but would like to experience a different breed. We have a friend who has a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and I've decided I want one. Now, all I have to do is find a breeder. Which is darn near impossible in Alaska.

Oh yeah, one of the main reasons I decided not to get another chihuahua is because everything in Alaska costs more than it should. And I've seen dogs advertised up to $4,050. Ain't no way I'm paying that kind of money for a dog. Or much else...

So, if any of y'all out there in Montana world have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel or know of a good and honest breeder, please sing out.

Tammy

Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:26 PM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Tammy,

Cannot help you with first hand knowledge of breeder, but have to say,that is a grand choice, those are the nicest dogs!

You might think about a Rescue group???

Good luck in your search and a big welcome to the lucky pup who gets to adopt you as parents!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 05:28 PM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
That's a pretty dog.

Have you given any thought to a Husky? With diesel prices so high, you could put skis in place of tires.

Edited: p.s., you will not regret getting another pup. They sure do fill a void and keep you happy, and health. Just don't forget to do the daily walks.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:21 AM   #4
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Spaniels have the sweetest temperament...I've had a couple of the larger model - the springer (see pic in sig). You couldn't find a dog nicer to be around and they love to please.
I had to look up the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Never heard of that one before, it looks about the same size as a cocker.
Having had animals nearly my whole life, it always ends up I replace the lost one. I always say I won't, but love the companionship.
The pain we endure for the loss is nothing compared to the joy they bring to our lives.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:26 AM   #5
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Maybe these folks could help you find one:

http://www.ckcsc.org/ckcsc/ckcsc_inc...54/rescue.html
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:16 AM   #6
krtam
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7840
How wonderful Tammy! I have heard of about breeders all across the country that will transport a puppy to you. I don't know how I feel about that situation and I'm sure it is costly but you might make some inquirys. Also, I thought you said something about going to visit family soon in the South. Maybe, you could put one in a dog carrier and take it on the plane with you. Just an idea. Anyway, the pain of possibly being without a dog as been one of the reasons we have had more than one dog for the last 20 years. At one time we had 4 dogs, but we never took them anywhere(too much hassle). Two is mangageable, but our two are 9 years old so we never know how much time we have with them. Anyway, enough of that. Have fun finding your new baby.

Sharon
krtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:13 AM   #7
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Ozzie, thanks for the link. After we get home from church, I'll check it out.

Sharon, I had thought the same thing about maybe finding us a new baby in Georgia or Florida. My mother-in-law said she'd start looking for a breeder down there and while we are home, we could go get us one.

Gotta eat breakfast and head to church.

Thanks again y'all,
Tammy
Old 04-27-2008, 07:27 PM   #8
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Ok, I have been scouring the rescue and adoption webpages locally this evening! I have found a Boykin Spaniel at a local animal rescue center. Bernie is calling about her in the morning. Oh, she's cute! I know she's not what I said I wanted, but she's sooooooo cute! Ok, enough. Can't get attached yet!
Tammy
Old 04-28-2008, 06:03 PM   #9
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Tammy,

Sounds like it might be too late for not getting attached!

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:10 PM   #10
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Too late. It didn't work out. Oh well, I'm still looking! And I have to admit, I'm having a ball looking!!!

Tammy
Old 04-28-2008, 07:07 PM   #11
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
We talked about getting another one ourselves but it's too difficult right now without someone at home all the time to train it.

Donna found Paco's harness the other day. Hadn't thought much about it and just happened to notice it still hanging right where it was always at.

We do miss that little booger; he kept the crumbs up off of the floor pretty good too!

You really do become attached to them especially after about 15 years. Paco grew up with our kids, he was a part of the family.