Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2006, 06:07 PM   #1
Charlotte
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5847
Fulltimers - Where are you from?

Fulltimers, what do you say when asked where you are from? What with moving due to Leon's job, living in apartments and now the Monty we have been living in various places for 19 months. I am at a loss as to how to reply when asked this question. I would like a good answer. I usually laugh and say "I'm not sure".
Charlotte

Charlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 06:41 PM   #2
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Charlotte ... that seemingly simple question used to baffle us as well. We finally just started saying "up until 3 years ago, we lived in Topeka, Kansas" and then say we're full-time RVers. Since Topeka is where we "officially" began our full-timing adventure, it's just easier ... unless they see our South Dakota license plates on the truck. Then, that generally adds another layer of confusion and people's eyes tend to glaze over as we try to explain.

This is definitely not a question that can be answered in 25 words or less! It is, however, usually a good conversation starter with complete strangers in the check-out line at WalMart!
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:47 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
If they ask "where you from?" we tell'em 50 years in southeast PA and 10 years in northern NY.

BUT if they ask "Where's Home?" we give them the name of the campground were are in or if it's while on the road the name of that particular area or town. You will get some strange looks until you explain that as full timers the old saying "Home is where we you park it" is our lifestyle. Home is truely where we park it, right now that is Skidaway State Park in Georgia. It's good to be home.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:48 AM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Skidaway is a lovely park, Glenn. We went there for our first 'retirement' trip.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:19 AM   #5
Charlotte
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5847
When I explained to my latest doctor what we are doing, he said,"Oh! Just like gypsies!"
Doctors are one problem with fulltiming. I have to see one every 6 months so that means a new one every time since Leon's contracts run for 3 months. Oh well, it is all one big adventure.
Charlotte
Old 07-14-2006, 03:47 AM   #6
foggyb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1351
We just say "MAINE" and they say "oh". Most people have never been here and don't know what to say next. Dan
foggyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:10 AM   #7
Charlotte
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5847
Right now here in Texas with very dry 100 degree weather that snowy picture looks pretty good!
Old 07-14-2006, 03:31 PM   #8
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I am a nomad. I swapped my camel and tent for a Montana and a Ford truck. I have a home base in Marquez, Texas, but home is wherever I am.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 05:15 PM   #9
dchafer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4203
Send a message via Yahoo to dchafer
Since we are from Ontario, Canada, we must have a home base in order to qualify for our medical coverage through the government. We must be here at least 5 months so we have our summer home base at a campground here with a postal box in town for our mail. Then we travel to Port Aransas Texas for fishing and then over to Florida for a few months then on to Myrtle Beach for a bit more fun and then back home. It works for us.. love this lifestyle... Diane
dchafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 02:04 AM   #10
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
We just tell them we sold out from Cedar Rapids, IA and now we are full-time RVers. When they ask , "where is home?", we just reply, "Home is where we park it." We are licensed in Livingston, TX for a domicile.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 04:27 AM   #11
FulltimeFollies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5656
Boy , how many times have we been asked that? Our answer is "here for this week, but who knows next week] THEN, you will get the "oh, your fulltimers huh?" and that opens the door.
FulltimeFollies is offline   Reply With Quote