Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
kingdaddy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10966
Blue Ox bedsaver question

OK, so I have a MorRyde pinbox with my Superglide 16k hitch and I want to get a bedsaver to avoid that embarassing crushed pickup bed!
Problem: Blue Ox is saying that the bed saver is NOT compatible with after market pinboxes!?
They make one to fit Superglides so the capture plate is not the issue. I can't see why the MorRyde pinbox would somehow affect the way the bedsave works?
Anyone have personal experience with this or can shed some light...am I missing something here?
Thanks!

Old 04-07-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
I have a Mor/ryde pin box and a Bedsaver and when I tested it, it worked fine.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #3
kingdaddy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10966
Thanks for the info Jim! I can't for the life of me figure out why it wouldn't work. The king pin is the same and if the Superglide capture plate (with the wedge on it) will work with the bedsaver, it makes no sense that the pin box type would matter...at least not with the MorRyde.
Did anyone warn you of this issue when you bought yours? Thinking I am going to go forward with it...
Old 04-08-2011, 12:56 AM   #4
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
I never heard of anyone saying that it wasn't compatible.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:01 AM   #5
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
Have you called them to talk to them...I am sure they will be able to confirm for you if it can b e used. If I remember (CRS) before we bought ours I read something about not being compatibale with add on pinboxes. I called them and they told me the Moryde was no problem. after all the new ones are coming iwth Morryde pinboxes
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:46 PM   #6
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
No problem here with the Moryde pin box. I had it(the Moryde) put on last year at the Fall Rally and there has been no problem here. Come on out to the Central Plains Regional Rally in July and you can ask them in person if you like! This has been a promotional suggestion for the Central Plains Rally!!!
Rondo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:30 PM   #7
kingdaddy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10966
I appreciate the feedback! I saw the disclaimer on a retailer's website (don't recall which one) and so I did call Blue Ox about it.
The lady who answered the phone deferred the question to somebody else at the company and she received an email response that the bedsaver is NOT compatible with "after market" pin boxes.
However, she could not tell me why and apparantly the response she got was not specific.
I would really have preferred talking to a tech person there MYSELF to get a better answer!
I may try again this week but I really do believe it should be no problem...no idea why Blue Ox would say otherwise.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:34 PM   #8
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
I still have my blue ox bed saver in the box under in storage compaartment. It didn't fit my Husky 16K. This has been over a year now. I called them and send them picture's and they said just drill two holes and install it. I dosen't even touch my Hitch.It 1 and a half inches on both sides. They couldn't see in I set it up on blocks at the right level and the pictures showed it didn't touch but they said just drill two holes and install it. Thats it no help from them at all. I will some day go to a welding shop and have spacers made that will make it touch the hicth then drill the hole and install it. I wouldn't give the Blue Ox people the time of day.
randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:29 PM   #9
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Randy-- You need to come to the Central Plains Regional Rally in July and talk to the rep personelly OR you can go up to Pender, NE (about an hour to hour and a half drive from the Rally) and have them look at your unit on site! Numerous MOC members have come to Pender and Blue Ox has designed a Bedsaver for them while they are at the factory. Blue Ox has a separate campground with full hookups right on sight and you get to use it for free while they design and install your Bedsaver. Several have gotten their Bedsaver for FREE( no guarantee on that but....) because they used their hitch as a model for future designs of the Bedsaver. We have one MOC member coming from Florida to attend the CPRR this year and Blue Ox is doing just that for them. Contact Blue Ox again, be polite and see if they will do the same for you! Best of luck!
Old 04-10-2011, 04:23 AM   #10
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Thanks Rondo but as I explained to them. I still work for a living and can't travel when we want.We some times get a week between jobs each six months when we are lucky. We chose this life style because we would never have any retirement and at least we could see some of America while working. So that options is not on the table for me I must make it work by my self. If I was still in my stick home I had the welders and cutting torches and fabrcation was a passion of mine. So I can draw on that when I get some time and see if I can make it work. I was just very disapointed when they just made it easy on them selves by closeing thier eyes to this problem.
randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:46 AM   #11
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Randy-- What have you got for a hitch in your TV? Blue Ox may have someone coming in this summer that is having one fabricated for their hitch and if it is one of those hitches you might be able to trade the Bedsaver you have for one that would work! Let me know and I'll check with them later on this season or while they are at our Central Plains Regional Rally in July! I have no connection with them except for getting them to come to our Rally and having a Bedsaver myself and just living here in Nebraska where they are made! If I can help let me know!
Old 04-10-2011, 05:09 AM   #12
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Mike,

I recommend you contact Mor/ryde in Elkhart Indiana, Ben Wiginton, Service Manager at 574-293-1581 Ext. 219 or 866-990-7433 Ext. 219 (toll free).

I have found Ben to be helpful.

Good Luck. Dennis
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:01 AM   #13
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
Mike,
Checked the 15/16k bedsaver and there is no interferance with the Mor/Ryde pin box or the superglide capture plate. My problem is the 18K superglide has a beefed up rocker arm and the 16K beadsaver will not fit plus the 5th wheel plate assy hits the bedsaver in the down position.
Mike
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:14 AM   #14
kingdaddy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10966
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mail2us

Mike,

I recommend you contact Mor/ryde in Elkhart Indiana, Ben Wiginton, Service Manager at 574-293-1581 Ext. 219 or 866-990-7433 Ext. 219 (toll free).

I have found Ben to be helpful.

Good Luck. Dennis
Thanks Dennis! I don't think contacting MorRyde will help though since the alleged problem is with the Blue Ox bedsaver. Although I guess it's possible that the guy you mentioned might know something about it.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:21 AM   #15
kingdaddy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10966
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by pineranch

Mike,
Checked the 15/16k bedsaver and there is no interferance with the Mor/Ryde pin box or the superglide capture plate. My problem is the 18K superglide has a beefed up rocker arm and the 16K beadsaver will not fit plus the 5th wheel plate assy hits the bedsaver in the down position.
Mike
Thanks for the info! So you have a 16k Superglide Bed Saver with a MorRyde pinbox?
But unfortunately also have a 18k Superglide? Well, that's good to know that it doesn't interfere with the pinbox. I can understand it not working with the hitch, but the MorRyde pinbox shouldn't matter IMO.